Sorry - Another Mobile Outboard Mechanic Request

peahead

Hi Raiders

Sorry to post this again as I know this is a common post but most answers have PM's associated to them.

Have been searching the site for reputable well recommended outboard mechanics in the Dee Why area.

Is it me or do these mobile guys not promote their business??

Would appreciate your help

Cheers

Jimmy

Hi Raiders

Sorry to post this again as I know this is a common post but most answers have PM's associated to them.

Have been searching the site for reputable well recommended outboard mechanics in the Dee Why area.

Cheers

Jimmy

Hi Jimmy, most mobile guys really do not know what they are doing in our experience and I guess the shortage of them means that even though they will be cheaper not enough people trust them. What is the old saying "do it cheap-do it twice"

Just my opinion and I wish you all the best in finding a person to look after you outboard.

Huey.

Hi Raiders

Cheers

Jimmy

I hope people who are PM regarding mobile guys are also PM about the idiots and who to avoid which is the vast majority. Mate they are saving rent by not having a yard but spend their whole life driving to get parts or just not getting them. They do not get educated in the late model engines or software and know none of the warranty fixes that the dealers get notes on or the experience of working on the same motors and highlighting the particular issues with them, revised oils , plugs etc. You may not know the damage a mobile bloke does to your motor for ages and if he doesn't carry a full range of service books or mobile internet access how is he going to do a proper tune?

Bluntly - there has to be a decent dealer somewhere or drop it into Huey and pick it up next week on your way for a fish as he has a yard and you get the benefit of him looking at your whole rig and set up. If it is a portable arrange for it to be dropped in and go for day at Brooklyn and pick it up later.

Anything has to be better than using half the wally's thet call themselves mechanics.

Hope you don't get stung by accepting 2nd hand reference from a forum from someone who you doesn't know if they own a big end from a circlip.

Hope only sane responses and PM are done after that rant

Edited by pelican