Duel Pherromone Squid Jigs

BalmainBob

Gday Everyone,

I recently bought a couple of these Deul Pheromone Squid jigs on Ebay after reading a few reports about them here on fish raider.

I tried them out yesterday up the Hawksberry. I have never tried squid jigging before.

I made my first cast from the boat close to the shore and when I tried to retrieve it it just stopped like I had snagged it. My first thought was :1badmood: that was a great waste of money to get it snagged first go. Then all of a sudden the snag pulled back.

Sudenly realizing that Imight have been on I reeled in finding that I had my first arrow squid. Not a big one, about 175.5 mm long.

I managed to catch 3 squid in 10 minutes, all around the same size. Very chuffed with my first effort I headed off. Apart form the squid there is not much more to report from my trip to the hawksberry apart from a lot of just undersize bream and flathead.

cheers

Balmain Bob

I was using a pink/ blue 4.0 jig

will post pick as soon as camera batteries re charge. hence no photos.

RPL I read about these jigs on Fish raieder, I then looked on Ebay for them and went from there. Mate I have no expeirence catching squid so please do not rely on my post as having any bearing on what you might catch usuing this item

balmain Bob

Edited by BalmainBob

I was using a pink/ blue 4.0 jig

will post pick as as camera batteries re charge. hence no photos.

RPL I read about these jigs on Fish raieder, I then looked on Ebay for them and went from there. Mate I have no expeirence catching squid so please do not rely on my post as having any bearing on what you might catch usuinfg this item

balmain Bob

Thats fair enough, will still look into it. Might try and see if i can snare some squid for dinner with them... They are a trusted brand.

Well done Bob. Those Pheromone Skins in size 4.0 have been my favourite calamari jig since discovering them a few months back. They aint cheap so make sure you use at least 15lb line as you will have a strong chance at pulling them out of snags :thumbup: .

Cheers

Red

Big Steve tried the Duel Jigs on Saturday...they didnt work so great in the harbour...perhaps because we squid in swallower waters 4-8ft

I had a similar experience with the pheromone.. We caught three large Calamari on them in the deeper waters but up and the shallower areas, they are too heavy. :thumbdown:

In saying that, we have 4 guys squidding and the only jigs which caught squid were the pheromone! :1prop:

i caught a calamari squid the other weekend on a pheromone 4.0 not a HUGE squid just nice bait sized

this was one of my land based spots down south, it was fairly shallow i think the trick is just to

work the jig abit quicker , seems to turn the squid ON anyway...

only caught the 1 then dropped another biggun... thats all so far on the pheromones and havnt tried them since..

so many different types of jigs on the market saying that they all work! alot of it depends on the actual

person holding the rod, action and technique is VITAL...

1 jig might work for one person yet for another guy it wont catch him a snag....

i think all the modern expensive jigs are good just gotta find what works for u and stick to it..

i have that many jigs its NOT funny any more and 20 odd bucks a pop is the norm,

haha but when ever i see a new jig hit my tackle stores im always grabbing them and "trying them"

i find it VERY hard to control my self when it comes to fishing tackle... :1fishing1: