Depth Sounders

oldsalty

Hey all,

Im in the market for a new sounder and gps and was wondering how you guys go about purchaseing them.

Im thinking about buying from an overseas website and getting it shipped over to save afew bucks but am worried about it getting damaged as i will be spending around 1500 seems risky.

How do u guys buy your electronics?

appreciate any replys

Hey all,

Im in the market for a new sounder and gps and was wondering how you guys go about purchaseing them.

Im thinking about buying from an overseas website and getting it shipped over to save afew bucks but am worried about it getting damaged as i will be spending around 1500 seems risky.

How do u guys buy your electronics?

appreciate any replys

Easiest way.

Is google "Bonzer imports". He's not the cheapest. But the easiest to handle. Price includes "to door" and warranty normally 1 yr. There are others too.

You can buy good units for 1/2 to 2/3rd the Aust prices. Enabling Furuno. Raymarine. Koden. over the toy ones. Lowrance Hummingbird etc. for the same price. Also the better ones don't normally need warranty.

I've got Furuno gps.radar and sder. years old. never missed a beat.

Lowrance. I've had three. All had to go back. Last one went over side after second replacement. and it was a $1500 combination unit. $950 landed here. Wouldn't have one on my boat.

Hurry up though. and buy a reel while you're at it too. Labour in power. Dollar going down again.

I just bought a couple at 94c to the dollar. It's down to about 86 at present and falling fast.

Regards

Macka17

Labour in power. Dollar going down again.

Macka17

:074::074::074:

Seriously though!

I bought mine locally, It cost me about $150 more than I could get it from OS. That $150 is worth every cent in peace of mind to me. If it stuffs up I can call him and sort it out easily. No shipping, i will drive it over to him the next day, no waiting at the door for the post man to return it either.

I also made a new contact for the future in the proccess, I know the guy is glad I spent my hard earned with him and he will look after me if I decide to upgrade.

Oh and I kept my money in our soon to be destoyed economy :1prop:

Robbie.

GDay.

I can also recomend Bonza Imports. I recently bought a Lowrance Lcx27c combo unit from them and saved around $1000 on the deal. They have a free call number so you can ring them and sort out any concerns that you have . I was provided with a tracking number for the package and had it within 4 days of them getting payment.

cheers

Balmain Bob

Yep just received my chartplotter from Bonzer last week and boy did I save a bundle, received goods within 4 days, packed very well no chance of damage. It is unfortunite to have to resort to buying overseas but why pay double??

Cheers

Hi all

I bought an Eagle 642i combo for $777 delivered to door in 5 days on ebay, a business in the states called green iguana marine store, paid for it through paypal so it's insured.

It was the second item I have purchased this way, absolutely no problem, and according to Oz websites I got it 1/2 price.

Never pay full price.

Pedro