Broken Motor Skeg

Osprey Rider

G'day Raiders,

Somehow :wacko: I managed to brake a small piece of the skeg off the bottom of my 25hp mercury. :mad3::05:

Does anyone know if it is able to be repaired and how? And if so can you give me a name and number of who could do the repairs for me.

Hi.

Take to any welder that does ally. If you still have peice. He'll weld it back for you. If not. He'll fabricate new bit and stick it on.

Tip. Change oil in gearbox after. Ally transfers a LOT of heat. Better safe than sorry.(where do you live?)

See Ya

Macka17

I welded one on my old evinrude motor. I got a lot of news paper and put it in a bucket of water for days until it turned into a pulpy mess then packed this around my gerbox still fairly wet then welded the piece on.

The wet paper mush stops the heat transfer and you will not get any distortion of the gearbox housing.

Cheers

Kingpig

I welded one on my old evinrude motor. I got a lot of news paper and put it in a bucket of water for days until it turned into a pulpy mess then packed this around my gerbox still fairly wet then welded the piece on.

The wet paper mush stops the heat transfer and you will not get any distortion of the gearbox housing.

Cheers

Kingpig

Don't worry. A decent welder knows what he's doing.

Changing oil on my part was just covering my arse. it was nice and clean.

Macka17