Port Hacking Report

nargse1

headed out in port hacking yesterday on deschanel's boat (the titanic) and his brother in law who apparently is going to become a raider today.

were only flicking plastics but not much out there at all. a few little snapper, one red cod, few little flatties.

there was a plague of toadies in numbers i have never seen before over one of the banks :mad3: they would just destroy your SP as you got it close to the boat.

i hooked a big mud skipper looking thing and as i got close to the boat i could see it about 2metres under us and out of nowhere this big dark flattie latches onto it and gives a few head shakes and all i bring in is the head and skeleton. i was pretty amazed at this.

has anyone seen a big mudskipper looking thing about 25cm but a really sandy colour?

well thats about it for my report on 1st trip on the hacking. does anyone fish it and have any spots they could PM us? would be appreciated

sorry guys no pics as a hung over me forgot my phone in the car early that morning

:beersmile::beersmile:

Edited by nargse1

has anyone seen a big mudskipper looking thing about 25cm but a really sandy colour?

:beersmile::beersmile:

My first thought was a sergeant baker

SergeantBaker.jpg

Wrong colour but bottom fish tend to match the environment theyre in. Im probably way off tho, I dont know if you get them in the Hacking.

Edited by yakfishing

My first thought was a sergeant baker

SergeantBaker.jpg

Wrong colour but bottom fish tend to match the environment theyre in. Im probably way off tho, I dont know if you get them in the Hacking.

Yes you do get them in the hacking, but very rarely, most of them are found around Bate bay, is that where that 'big mudskipper' was caught?