Sp's Port Hacking

RPL

Went out today for a quick 2 hour session fishing the flats on the run out.

Landed 9 flatties, biggest went 80cm (Pb) (released) and the rest went from 35-50cm (All released bar one) , also landed a 30cm snapper and a 55cm Salmon.

The port is firing again.

post-3569-1198061012_thumb.jpg

Edited by RPL

Sounds like things are getting better and better

and an 80 cm PB :thumbup:

what SP's were you throwing

Chris

Things are getting better and better, in the past week i have beat two PB's 80Cm flattie and a 45cm Whiting.

I was throwing a 3inch Berkley powerbait in Pearl, we basically matched the hatch and in the whole session there was no need to change it up. Alot of the fish we caught did vomit up the bait in the area so it was pretty obvious in what they were targeting.

I find after heavy rainfall like last night fishing is always better, that is when the water is a tea colour alot of the fish in my local come to the party.

I'm thinking of heading out on Sat morning to Maianbar to do a bit of flattie fishing myself. Good to hear the fish are about.

Were you fishing the Maianbar flats or one of the other flats in the Port? I've caught plenty of fish on yabbies around Maianbar but I've never spent serious time targeting the flatties with SP's so hopefully I'll have a bit of success.

I'm thinking of heading out on Sat morning to Maianbar to do a bit of flattie fishing myself. Good to hear the fish are about.

Were you fishing the Maianbar flats or one of the other flats in the Port? I've caught plenty of fish on yabbies around Maianbar but I've never spent serious time targeting the flatties with SP's so hopefully I'll have a bit of success.

Nah it wasn't Mainbar where i had success but im sure you could snag acouple on the drop off during the run out.

awsome job..what a great flatty..good to see you released that breeder :drool::biggrinthumb:

and a top report

Thanks mate, yea it was great fun, and i reckon catching that one again would be way more satisfying than 3 flattie meals!

These days i release all fish bar the odd one as i like to catch them again and fishing flatties on SP's can be easy so i could easily overkill them.

Jeez mate 9 flattys in 2hrs! Again nice job. I need some more practice with the old SPs, Ive only just started using em and havent managed more than a couple of fish in one sesh. You know what your doing thats for sure. Well done!

Thanks mate, it really was like a dream session, however i have been catching consistently this season they can't be too hard. If one plastic doesn't work vary it change colours, think outside the square, check out spots before you fish them, look for baitfish, weedbeds, current flows and drop offs.

Best of luck.

Sounds like things are getting better and better

and an 80 cm PB :thumbup:

what SP's were you throwing

Chris

Hi chris, saw the Stoner T Shirt and thought I'd mention I've been a Duck owner for thirty years, visited the factory and run the Ducati Bears F1 Racing team in my spare time. FORZA! Kind regards, Aunty Mal