Botany Bay

mottyman

Hi Guys and Girls,

Well... after a looooooooong break from the water Andy, Geoff and I finally got ourselves sorted out and hit the bay for a fish.

We started trolling around the Northern Headland on our way up to Maroubra and found the kings on the chew.

I got hit on a Black Magic skirt in "Burple" colour and once I got him to the boat he was closely followed by about 50 of his closest mates.... they were all about the same size so didn't bother playing with them.

The one we boated was 55cm so he was released. We left them there and headed north.

Conditions were excellent so headed out to the 50m mark in search of flatties. We found them and the bite was pretty hot but poor Andy was really crook.

We boated 3 really good size flatties in quick succession and with a feed decided to take poor Andy back in.

We got back into the bay and he picked up so we set the pick on Watts.

All we found here was yellow tail that thick you could have walk across them to the shore. So... we loaded up the live bait tank and headed back out south under the cliffs.

Andy was fine now so we set the pick again and got another burley trail going and I set a the livies.

The best I could do was get the livies heads eaten by what I presumed were squid, I got a small blind shark and Andy got a large Sargent Baker on a peeled prawn.

The southerly hit not long after so made for home. We had a drift around inside the bay for not much and then decided to head home.

It was great to be back on the water and we bought home a great feed to boot.

post-237-1198749276_thumb.jpg

post-237-1198749307_thumb.jpg

Cheers

David.

we also chased kings this morning and all we could scratch up were under size kings we did get done by bigger kings twice once on 20pound spin tackle and once on 50 spin tackle coundnt find a happy meduim i guess oh well better than sitting at home

nice report got a few tasty fillets there ,i think ill have a go at chasing them tomorrow,looks like they have done a bit off work at the fishos

arman