Jews Are There!

fishguts

hi all! four of us headed out to hargreaves beach.. north of norah head last night about 9pm

all was quiet till 11pm then in came the tailor a couple of the boys got into them to 40cm

they were quickly cut for bait...... midnight hit and on came what i believed to be the jew..

classic small runs down the beach then a couple of sprints but would not eat it....then BANG.....

i'm on, i played him back to the beach......a breaker hit right in front of me, :ranting2: and gone!

so i moved north of the boys for another go but nothing.... i then went back to my first spot

with a nice slab bait of still wriggling tailor, and BANG on again... same thing as previous hit

ten miniutes before i thought he had it deep enough... and hit him, he is on and a good five minutes,

and unknown to me, i bring in my mates line, leader, and 9/0 hook he lost while i was up north

and a great lump of weed....my rod is now out of action, so i grapple for my line in the dark

and no chance, one big run and i let go for fear of fingers... and AH WELL! but they are there raiders.

run in, and top of the tide!

..cheers!..stevo!

P.S they love there tailor. but they are so wary, baitrunner only, but who knows.

thinking about it now i should of ran up the dunes and try to skull drag him with the rod..AH WELL!

Edited by fishguts

Very fishy conditions at the moment. You must have been pumped when you were on. Hargreaves fishes well I believe. I knew a guy years ago who caught a 10 lb snapper from the corner one night. A long time ago but they could still happen.