Chippo Lakes 30/12/07

We had a nice BBQ last night and a few drinks and decided to have a quick session at the lakes today.

No 1 Son (Brett) decided he would crash at our place and come for his first hardbody seession on bream.

Donna had all the food ready by 5.30 am and away we went. The morning was still and warm with a rapidly falling tide we decided to get the ever faithful smilin jacks out for our run up to the Liverpool weir.

The fish were not in a playful mood and we had many tentative hits from small bream.

Brett was first to get on the scoreboard with his first ever bream on a hardbody and although only a small fish, it is still a milestone which he has achieved :thumbup: .

post-256-1198981250_thumb.jpg

post-256-1198981275_thumb.jpg

I was casting away trying to even the score up and Donna commented that you may get outfished today :1yikes:

My casting became more furious :074: I was just plodding away with the odd small tap from small fish when I lobbed my lure into a really nice looking snag and instantly hooked up to a very nice bass.

post-256-1198981300_thumb.jpg

I was surprised as the water was quite dirty but there were fish in it.

A bit further on I was retreiving my lure and Brett landed his lure in a small tree,I stopped my retrieve and went to turn the leccy around and bang I am hit by a better fish which turned out to be another nice bass.

post-256-1198981322_thumb.jpg

post-256-1198981331_thumb.jpg

Not much further along I spy a great looking set of snags and cant help but get my smilin jack into the strike area,two cranks and bammmmmmmmmm!!!! I am smoked by a very big fish which hammered me into the trees and busted me off :ranting2: .

We continued to cast for not a lot of action and the very last cast of the morning I scored a nice little bream to round off a top day :thumbup:

post-256-1198981342_thumb.jpg

Big thanks to mrsswordie and young Brett for a very enjoyable morning up at the lakes.

Home before lunch and ready for my Poppy nap :biggrin2:

Cheers Stewy

post-256-1198981312_thumb.jpg

Nice session Swordies and Brett.

That second bass must have had a good Xmas...fat as a fool.

Good on ya Brett nailing your first on a HB...I'm not even close

to that yet...baby steps on placcies first..then lookout!!

Love the new glove Stewy.

Cheers,

Pete

Good on ya Brett nailing your first on a HB...I'm not even close

to that yet...baby steps on placcies first..then lookout!!

Sounds like a nice session Stewey and looks like a great mornin to be out but I think Pete has it wrong. I've finally got up and had a good look at that Narabeen Lake and i think you should dump the SP's and hook into the hard bodies. The edges of that area look like prime HB spots. I reckon the bream would be itchen to get on up around those banks.

Dave

thanks to everyone for the comments>

Talk about a top session and stewy and donna are just a sea of information i learnt more in 20 minutes over the breaky table then i ever could have imagined and then to hook me up with the fishing apparell and rods for the days fishing beyond anything i can afford on a 1st year apprentice wage :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: a big thumbs up to the swordies and a big thank you i know now my fishing will improve and am looking forward to getting out thier again to test out the new skills and perfect the art of prescision casting.

And for malacoota pete good to hear youve made the conversion to plastics you will see the results and enjoy your fishing far more using plastics and because of the great variety of plastics availible you will always find something to turn up the goods, look forward to a fish anytime between now and the 14th of january with you Pete name time & place im thier and know i have an arsenal of Hb's if the soft plastics arent turning up the goodsand am more thane happy to teach what was taught to me yesterday. and thanks to davemmm on the tip for the Hb's im mad keen to get into them again to see if i really did learn anything.

till then good fishen

brett

Good stuff Brett :thumbup:

Mate..We'll get together some time soon as I know how keen you

are as a fisho and I could learn a lot from you...and with the Swordies knowledge on board..even better.

I'm really keen to give the HBs a shot too now...got a few in the kit but never had much success with them...

Whoever said you are never too old to learn new tricks was right on the money...I thought I was

a bait man 'till the day I die...so much so...I've been called a Master Baiter :074: but now all that's changing...wonderful stuff.

Catch up soon mate.

Cheers,

Pete.

Stewy went down chippo yesterday for the run out tide and managed 3 good bream and 1 ep only.

All fish where caught on 3'' fry. :1fishing1:

Good stuff Jorgy :biggrin2:

Where are the pictures and where did you score the EP ,havent caught one for ages and would love to better my PB @ 41 CMS .

Cheers Stewy

Good stuff Jorgy :biggrin2:

Where are the pictures and where did you score the EP ,havent caught one for ages and would love to better my PB @ 41 CMS .

Cheers Stewy

Stewy got one great early morning pic on the water and then the battery went s.... so didnt get a snap shot of the E.P.

As for location id try the creek we fished with don, also caught them near the bridge near fallen trees.

God luck stewy after the Open we might have to hook up and have a bash.

Stewy got one great early morning pic on the water and then the battery went s.... so didnt get a snap shot of the E.P.

As for location id try the creek we fished with don, also caught them near the bridge near fallen trees.

God luck stewy after the Open we might have to hook up and have a bash.

Thanks Jorg ,we ventured a few metres into the creek but decided to continue towards the weir.

Good luck in the open :biggrin2:

Will give you a ring soon.

Cheers Stewy