Stoopid Tropical Cyclone In The Makin

coastspinna

hey guys..

up at brunswick heads on holidays...

only had a chance to get out fishing one day so far and had a mad day catchin moses perch (cool for a central coast boy-- first for me they fight really hard) and heaps of bream (the best one on a piece of sausage roll) and one mangrove jack that i lost...

got bricked by 3 nice bream in the rocks because i was on the 4 pound mono....

it is good fishing up here , the small bream here are the big ones back home...\\the whole brunswick river is full of baitfish..

bloody low pressure has stuffed our fishin and new years eve too...

i brought my camera but forgot my usb cable so i will post a few pics when i get back home....\

we are thinkin jewfish tomorrow or wednesday at the breakwall on the colour change, but there are 5 meter swells so i'm not sure

cheers raiders

ian

Hi Ian

Glad you have been able to get into some fish on the one good day that you were able to get out!

We have huge seas/swells up in Forster just now. I got some worms Sat afternoon & went back yesterday lunchtime to fish the high tide with them, but the sea was dumping & the sinker basically came straight back in or along the beach. The net on our 'rockpool' swimming pool has been ripped off the ropes anchoring it to the rocks. Very dangerous now for young kids swimming in there when conditions are like this. Could easily be sucked out & down the breakwall.

There must be between 50 & 100 boats fishing the sand flats up from the bridge here, for trumpeter whiting! You could almost walk across them to shore!

The good news here is that, when the seas are bad, the lake is good (and vica versa!)

Cheerio

Roberta