Narra Lake Sp Sesh. #2

mrmoshe

STRUTH PETE That's a top effort and a genuine crowd pleaser mate !!! :thumbup:

Seems there's a few good fish out there. I'm still away in Qld

Did the big flathead in the second pic finally crawl to freedom across the grass ? I had one fast enough off the mark to find water on me last week. I was taking good ground off him all the same.

Happy New Year Pete !!! :D

Regards

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Pete,

A south coast estuary charter showed me the way to use the non action sp's in particular the shrimps....he almosts shakes his rob which basically sends the shrimp jerking all over the place the way a shrimp moves i guess and we've found that action is deadly on bream and bass and get flat's as a very nice by catch too.

To impart the action it helps to change your winding hand to your left if your a righty and right if your a lefty. This should let you control your jerking action in your main hand a impart all the action your need. I used to be swapping hands to impart action then swap back to wind with the same if you know what I mean.

Takes about a day to change your grip over...

G'day PT,

I tried that method yesterday as well with the shrimp, as I did some experimenting in the shallows where I could see the action. It was very twitchy, just like a live prawn with little jumps.

Actually tried that on each SP before casting to see which action gave the most realistic movement, but alas...the fish either just weren't where I was, or they just were not interested.

The left hand/right hand thing will take some more work though as being a "righty"..the old hand swap

is a hard habit to break. Might give it a shot next outing though just to see if my brain can handle

a change like that LOL.

Thanks for the tip though as it's a great learning curve this SP thang.

Cheers,

Pete.

Anyone fished Narra lately?

Gave the lake a go the other day, not much success with only a few undersized bream and all released. I did see a good size flattie while wading on the flats and that was about it. Also saw someone catch some good sized bream and flatties on live poddys, that seem to be the bait to use on the day.

I was also trying some of the gulps that I had found lying around but no success!

Anyone fished Narra lately?

Gave the lake a go the other day, not much success with only a few undersized bream and all released. I did see a good size flattie while wading on the flats and that was about it. Also saw someone catch some good sized bream and flatties on live poddys, that seem to be the bait to use on the day.

I was also trying some of the gulps that I had found lying around but no success!

Keep at it mate..it seems to me to be a day to day proposition as I found out last week.

It may be worth trapping a few poddies and try live baiting those as they are often

the gun bait for Narra flatties.

The SPs work, just gotta see which one they take a fancy to on the day.

Don't give up though as the fish are definitely there in abundance.

Cheers,

Pete.