First Fish For 2008

Was able to get out in IC for a quick 1 hr flick. My second little session of the year and I was still looking for my first fish for 2008.... and what a way to crack my first fish for 2008. A nice bream 36cm to fork that took my SX40 like it was his/her first meal for 2008. It took several long runs and nearly busted me off on a snag.

post-4329-1199583861_thumb.jpg

post-4329-1199583875_thumb.jpg

I also caught a smallish flattie around the 40cm mark. Hopefully a sign for a good year of fishing to come :1prop:

BTW I have been working HBs more of late and I have noticed that the bream strike rate is much higher then when I was using SP. I'm still getting flatties but definitely more bream.

Was able to get out in IC for a quick 1 hr flick. My second little session of the year and I was still looking for my first fish for 2008.... and what a way to crack my first fish for 2008. A nice bream 36cm to fork that took my SX40 like it was his/her first meal for 2008. It took several long runs and nearly busted me off on a snag.

post-4329-1199583861_thumb.jpg

post-4329-1199583875_thumb.jpg

I also caught a smallish flattie around the 40cm mark. Hopefully a sign for a good year of fishing to come :1prop:

BTW I have been working HBs more of late and I have noticed that the bream strike rate is much higher then when I was using SP. I'm still getting flatties but definitely more bream.

Wow,

Great fish stonker bream there mate :thumbup::yahoo:

Yes you will definitely get more bream than flatty's when using HB's.

flattys are lazy buggers and like meals on the bottom, where as bream will feed mid water or off the top.

Cheers

BM

Hey Jeff, congrats on your 2008 first man! What a cracker!!! :1yikes: I haven't been getting quality of late man, bugga! I reckon u need to upsize your tackle box man, the one I saw it's too small to store your impending collection of hbs for sure! Lol.. :074:

Cheers,

Ronald

Thanks man!! Yeah your right Ron im really getting addicted to using HB's and im starting to use them more than SP's because of the fact i'm getting more bream. I think i need to replace my bum bag to a back pack so I can hold a larger tackle box!!!

where'd u use ur sx40 at in IC? i find that theres heaps of snags around the city west link scretch. i dont wanna snag my sx40!

but i heard that HB only works wen its middle to low tide, is that true?

Hey David, I have been having using them and having a lot of luck around north western part of IC near henley marine drive throughout all the tides. There are still some snags around but the trick I found was to remember where they are. I took a stroll around the bay run when the tides were super low...under 0.15m...and tried to remember the best places to cast during a medium and high tides that would avoid or minimize a snag up. On low tides I usually wade out to knee or thigh depth. Trust me I know what you are talking bout when losing expensive HB's :mad3: . I have lost a few and I have even went for a swim for 1 also coz I was sick of losing them. It was on a king tide and every1 walking past on the bay run was laughing and shaking there heads coz I striped down to my boxers and waded in upto my shoulder depth to get my SX40 back!!! I even had to duck dive to grab it by the bib coz i was really stuck on some mangrove roots...nuts huh?? :wacko:

I have lost a few and I have even went for a swim for 1 also coz I was sick of losing them. It was on a king tide and every1 walking past on the bay run was laughing and shaking there heads coz I striped down to my boxers and waded in upto my shoulder depth to get my SX40 back!!! I even had to duck dive to grab it by the bib coz i was really stuck on some mangrove roots...nuts huh?? :wacko:

Man, that's REALLY loving your lure. I know how it feels to snag a fav lure :ranting2: but it'll take more than a special lure for me to strip down to my undies and go for a dive in the mud :074: .

Nice effort on the bream :thumbup: .

Cheers,

Roy.