ALL WAS GOOD WITH THE YOUNGEN'S SCORING AND RELEASING A FEW

GOOD FLATTIES. THERE WAS A PROBLEM WITH UNRULY JET SKIS THOUGH

I AM SURE THERE IS A DISTANCE RULE FOR HOW CLOSE THEY SHOULD

BE TO OTHER WATER CRAFT BECAUSE THEY WERE PRETTY CLOSE TO US,

THEY SHOULD SHOW A LITTLE RESPECT TO THOSE OF US WHO LIKE TO

ENJOY THEY WATER , IN SAYING THIS THERE WERE OTHER SKIS OUT THERE

THAT DID GIVE US AND OTHERS A WIDE BERTH IT WAS JUST A FEW COWBOYS

THAT SPOIL IT FOR OTHERS...

re: jet ski's; I find that a slingshot usually conveys the message loud and clear

re: jet ski's; I find that a slingshot usually conveys the message loud and clear

Be very careful Tan...Actions like that could get YOU arrested!

It is classed as a weapon.

While we all have our pet hates with inconsiderate people..there are legal ways

of dealing with them...like taking their rego number and reporting them to Waterways...better still...

take their picture, then report them.

Never,never take things into your own hands as it may be YOU having to answer charges.

Cheers,

Pete.

THERE WAS A PROBLEM WITH UNRULY JET SKIS THOUGH

I AM SURE THERE IS A DISTANCE RULE FOR HOW CLOSE THEY SHOULD

BE TO OTHER WATER CRAFT BECAUSE THEY WERE PRETTY CLOSE TO US,

THEY SHOULD SHOW A LITTLE RESPECT TO THOSE OF US WHO LIKE TO

ENJOY THEY WATER , IN SAYING THIS THERE WERE OTHER SKIS OUT THERE

THAT DID GIVE US AND OTHERS A WIDE BERTH IT WAS JUST A FEW COWBOYS

THAT SPOIL IT FOR OTHERS...

Yes Ray...PWC (jetski) operators must keep a minimum of 30 metres from shore and other powered craft if travelling over 10 knots.

http://www.maritime.nsw.gov.au/pwc.html#keepyourdistance

(The relevent bit below)

Keep Your Distance

When driving a PWC at 10 knots or more, you must keep 60 metres away from:

* a person in the water; and

* small, non-powered vessels such as surf skis, canoes, vessels 4 metres or less in length without mechanical propulsion.

A PWC being operated at 10 knots or more must be kept 30 metres from:

* any power driven vessel (including other PWC);

* any river bank or shore and structures such as jetties or moorings; and

* non-powered vessels over 4 metres in length.

Riders and passengers should also beware the 'jet stream' from the engine. At close range this jet stream can be harmful to a person.

Cheers,

Pete

ps: Another PWC rule is:

NOTE: PWC may not be ridden on Sydney Harbour even though signs may not be in evidence. Penalties exist for breaches of PWC exclusion zones.

Yes Ray...PWC (jetski) operators must keep a minimum of 30 metres from shore if travelling over 10 knots.

http://www.maritime.nsw.gov.au/pwc.html#keepyourdistance

(The relevent bit below)

Keep Your Distance

When driving a PWC at 10 knots or more, you must keep 60 metres away from:

* a person in the water; and

* small, non-powered vessels such as surf skis, canoes, vessels 4 metres or less in length without mechanical propulsion.

A PWC being operated at 10 knots or more must be kept 30 metres from:

* any power driven vessel (including other PWC);

* any river bank or shore and structures such as jetties or moorings; and

* non-powered vessels over 4 metres in length.

Riders and passengers should also beware the 'jet stream' from the engine. At close range this jet stream can be harmful to a person.

Cheers,

Pete

half a brain to buy a jet ski no brain to ride one

ONYA PETE.... THANKS FOR YOUR VALUABLE INPUT ON THESE SUBJECTS THAT GET US UPSET AT TIMES. I ALWAYS LOOK FORWARD TO END OF SCHOOL HOLIDAYS AND BEGINNING OF THE WORKING WEEK. HOORAY NOT AS MANY JET SKI'S OR PLEASURE BOATS OUT AND ABOUT. FEEL SORRY FOR THOSE WHO HAVE TO PUT UP WITH IDIOTS WHILST ON THE WATER. LOVE TO FISH WITH PEACE AND QUIET.

CHEERS BART.

Edited by bart

Mate Pete is right, as much as it would be great to have an ex Navy PT boat fully armed at times, dont risk taking issues in to your old hands. I have thought several times about keeping the old handycam on board. I dont think you would even need it working, the minute the clowns thought they were being filmed they would beat it for sure!

Be very careful Tan...Actions like that could get YOU arrested!

It is classed as a weapon.

While we all have our pet hates with inconsiderate people..there are legal ways

of dealing with them...like taking their rego number and reporting them to Waterways...better still...

take their picture, then report them.

Never,never take things into your own hands as it may be YOU having to answer charges.

Cheers,

Pete.

Gday Pete, Thanks for the advice. The comment was a light hearted joke. I am a licensed firearms owner and am well aware of the laws etc re: slingshots. The advice was never intended to be acted upon.

The handycam idea is even better... let them think they are being filmed with a view to reporting them to Waterways!!

Gday Pete, Thanks for the advice. The comment was a light hearted joke. I am a licensed firearms owner and am well aware of the laws etc re: slingshots. The advice was never intended to be acted upon.

The handycam idea is even better... let them think they are being filmed with a view to reporting them to Waterways!!

No worries Tan..Just didn't want others to think that it was a good idea to

take matters into their own hands.

It's amazing what the effect of a camera pointed at the offender may do.

Cheers,

Pete.

Jet Skis go really well on 24 kilo tackle. They just get upset when you kiss them and throw them back.

Just kidding. Really! I can relate to all of the frustration.

Jet Skis have equal rights to the waterways as other users. On accasion, there are a few that spoil it for everyone, but the reality is that there are just as many (and probably more) small and large boat owners that break the rules and do not have consideration for others. I was up at Swansea channel last week and there were approx 40 boats per hour breaking the 4 knot speed zones (3 in every 4 boats going past were breaking the 4 knot zone not far from the Waterways mooring/office) and I only saw one or possibly two Jet ski riders doing this. By all means if they are idiots then report them to the authorities, but there are many whingers out there that complain about Jet Skis even when they are riding within the rules. I think some of it comes down to jealousy. If you are anchored or drifting close to boat ramp, then expect to be sharing the water with Jet skis and other boats, just make sure they keep to the 30m/60m distance rules. For the record, I gave up riding jet skis several years ago.

Jet Skis have equal rights to the waterways as other users. On accasion, there are a few that spoil it for everyone, but the reality is that there are just as many (and probably more) small and large boat owners that break the rules and do not have consideration for others. I was up at Swansea channel last week and there were approx 40 boats per hour breaking the 4 knot speed zones (3 in every 4 boats going past were breaking the 4 knot zone not far from the Waterways mooring/office) and I only saw one or possibly two Jet ski riders doing this. By all means if they are idiots then report them to the authorities, but there are many whingers out there that complain about Jet Skis even when they are riding within the rules. I think some of it comes down to jealousy. If you are anchored or drifting close to boat ramp, then expect to be sharing the water with Jet skis and other boats, just make sure they keep to the 30m/60m distance rules. For the record, I gave up riding jet skis several years ago.

GLAD TO SEE YOU SAW THE LIGHT,GIVING UP RIDING JET SKI'S. JEALOUSY,NOT HERE HOWEVER WOULD LIKE TO SEE MORE RESPONSIBLE RIDING BY THEIR OWNERS.

CHEERS BART

Edited by bart

NOTE: PWC may not be ridden on Sydney Harbour even though signs may not be in evidence. Penalties exist for breaches of PWC exclusion zones.

This ban coincided with the invasion of the Ettalong / Little Box Bar area. I agree that we all have to share the waterways and that Jetskis have there devotees and are in some situations, essential but they will never be welcomed by fisherman (unless your being rescued by one of course). I was once "buzzed" by a couple of jet jockeys while fishing late in the afternoon from the Putty Beach Rock Platform. There is a lot of water between there and the nearest ramp. I didn't quite see the point.

Damm. I used the "z" key twice, oh 3 times in one post. Never again Raiders. Don't make me do it.

No harm in casting a couple of metal slugs (trebles removed) in their path i find,

you cant tell that the trebs are removed when you cast em out there.

and u gotta make it look like you are genuinaly fishing, throw out the biggest one

u have in your tackle box about 30-40mtrs in front of them, when they see the splash

they always veer away from it, no one wants to ride their

jetski off into the sunset with your trebles pinned to there butt.

Works a treat for me in Botany bay.

penguin