Botany Bay Sunday 6/1

BalmainBob

post-3138-1199612226_thumb.jpgGday Everyone,

Fished the Bay to day with 2 mates. Put in at Munch Street ramp at 7am and headed to the heads to see what the water was like.

Nearing the heads we decided to try some trolling, whilst setting up the rods No. 2 mate drops a line over the side and is straight on. After a minutes he land a nice slimey. So it was away with the trolling gear and it was on to the slimies for the next couple of hours.

After landing 24 slimies wh decided to go for the troll but after 30 minutes or so of nothing it was off to the oil wharf for a drift. Again we got nothing.

Then we tried drifting in Towra channel where mate 1 started using is Gulp Alive where he got instant action and after a few misses landed a 59 cm flatty. Here mate no. 2 managed to pick up a 28cm whiting .

After things had gone quite here we moved to approx 600m off the beach at Brighton beach where I got staight onto a 62cm flatty.

Mate 1, who was using his Gulps got onto a flatty that spat the lure just as I was about to net it. We estimated that it was about 75cm long. Whenit spat the SP it just swan in the current just out my reach for a few seconds then dived back to the bottom. :05:

In the end it turned out to be the best days fishing that I have had since buying the boat and I now have a stack of bait in the freezer.

post-3138-1199612226_thumb.jpgGday Everyone,

Fished the Bay to day with 2 mates. Put in at Munch Street ramp at 7am and headed to the heads to see what the water was like.

Nearing the heads we decided to try some trolling, whilst setting up the rods No. 2 mate drops a line over the side and is straight on. After a minutes he land a nice slimey. So it was away with the trolling gear and it was on to the slimies for the next couple of hours.

After landing 24 slimies wh decided to go for the troll but after 30 minutes or so of nothing it was off to the oil wharf for a drift. Again we got nothing.

Then we tried drifting in Towra channel where mate 1 started using is Gulp Alive where he got instant action and after a few misses landed a 59 cm flatty. Here mate no. 2 managed to pick up a 28cm whiting .

After things had gone quite here we moved to approx 600m off the beach at Brighton beach where I got staight onto a 62cm flatty.

Mate 1, who was using his Gulps got onto a flatty that spat the lure just as I was about to net it. We estimated that it was about 75cm long. Whenit spat the SP it just swan in the current just out my reach for a few seconds then dived back to the bottom. :05:

In the end it turned out to be the best days fishing that I have had since buying the boat and I now have a stack of bait in the freezer.

Good on ya mate.. thats what its all about!!

Happy fishing

I guess that was the Sunday fishing in Botany was about - I also caught a lot of bait (yellowtail) but failed to find anything substantial.

No kingfish :(

Gday Everyone,

Gday Mate,

We got the slimies about the centre of the bay between Bear Island and Kurnell. We were on the drift but were staying pretty stationary. They were about 25 feet down. We were using prawn pillies and bottle squid. they were taking anythng that we gave to them including their own.

They provided quite a bit of action for a few hours. It was better than just sitting there feeding the little ones.

Cheers

Balmain Bob.