Rescued By Ryan And Blake

Gddayyyyyy folks,

Johhno and I decided to hit the lakes at Chipping Norton today for a bash at a few bream or bass.

The day started off pretty ordinary with us arriving at the gate at 5.30 am and the council opening it at 7.30.

We headed off towards the weir with nice conditons and a run in tide.

The bite was slow and the water discoloured again,the ever faithful pink smiln jack was drawing a blank :(

So from a previous post by snag (jorgy) thanks mate we tied on a couple of gulp fry in the watermelon colour and hidden weights.

post-256-1199694406_thumb.jpg

The hits started almost immediately and we just couldnt get one to stay on and there were a couple of very solid fish judging by the takes.

We continued towards the weir picking up the odd bream and the morning was going well.

post-256-1199694388_thumb.jpg

post-256-1199694397_thumb.jpg

I thought it might be time to head back up the creek seeing as it was high tide, wacked the petrol motor in it started ok but a bit sluggish and then Johnno said hey bring the motor up for a sec :bash: that was all she wrote as the bloody thing wouldnt kick over again. :05: The battery just didnt charge up enough when we started as we used the leccy for most of the morning.

So it was decided that we should make the run from the weir all the way back to the ramp on the leccy :1yikes: I knew it would take us ages and maybe we would need to beach the boat.

Then a miracle occurred :yahoo: two young blokes ,Ryan and Blake came along in a tinnie and rescued us.

post-256-1199694424_thumb.jpg

post-256-1199694432_thumb.jpg

These two top young blokes towed us all the way back to the ramp and very expertly I may add.

We were so happy that we were not going to have to swim or walk.

When we arrived at the ramp I offered them both 20 buxs a piece for their troubles and bugger me if they said one twenty would be fine, but I insisted they take 20 each and we thanked them for their very gentlemanly conduct.

Thanks once again Ryan and Blake you are very nice young fellas and it was a pleasure to meet you both.

post-256-1199694415_thumb.jpg

Thanks to Johnno as well ,you are a great bloke to fish with and always make me laugh.

Cheers Swordfisherman

Good on you boys and well done on the bream. :thumbup:

What a top couple of lads to offer a tow....It's generous offers of

help in times of need that make fishos some of the nicest people you could meet.

Hope you earbashed 'em to join Fishraider Stewy :074:

They sound like good blokes.

Cheers,

Pete.

Well what a day

it wasn,t our day for sure

gates locked :mad3: then decided to make it a gentlemans session

and go get Coffee.mmmmmmmmm, which i knew in turn the gates would be open by the time i was back.

On the way back Coffee splashed and burnt my hand :mad3:

on getting back to the gates which where open and stewy had already dropped the boat.

the only thing i turned all day was the handle on the reel as the drag didn,t even sing for me.

i am new to plastics so i am still getting used to it. But as stewy said they where not taking it.

until we got to the weir where a bream launched out of the water and nailed the GULP.like a Bass.

I had a great day again with Stewy

Thanks Again

Also Thank you Ryan and Blake :thumbup::thumbup: you turned our arvo into a short arvo

rather then a long walk to the cars.

Just a quick heads up for anyone heading down chippo, rather than waiting for the council to come open the gate on the other side of the lake(lansvale side) there is a good ramp which is open 24/7 :thumbup::1prop: .

Stewy id try some H.B's on the rock walls in the main basin im sure you smiling jack will be smashed at the moment and try to cut down your 3" fry alittle aswell. :1fishing1:

Just a quick heads up for anyone heading down chippo, rather than waiting for the council to come open the gate on the other side of the lake(lansvale side) there is a good ramp which is open 24/7 :thumbup::1prop: .

Stewy id try some H.B's on the rock walls in the main basin im sure you smiling jack will be smashed at the moment and try to cut down your 3" fry alittle aswell. :1fishing1:

I was going to go over the other side but couldnt be bothered :1prop: Its not as good a ramp as the Chippo side and ugly at low tide.

We might head down that way next time Jorg,I was hoping to get some more of those bigger bass again.

Thanks for the info :beersmile:

Cheers Stewy

I was going to go over the other side but couldnt be bothered :1prop: Its not as good a ramp as the Chippo side and ugly at low tide.

We might head down that way next time Jorg,I was hoping to get some more of those bigger bass again.

Thanks for the info :beersmile:

Cheers Stewy

Stewy ramp has been fixed up and looks much better, after the Open might have to have a session with you again..... :1fishing1:

Stewy ramp has been fixed up and looks much better, after the Open might have to have a session with you again..... :1fishing1:

Good luck in the open and that would be great to catch up again :thumbup:

$120 will be fine? and you gave em forty bucks stewy..what the!... :074:

seriously, well done young blokes helping fellow fisho"s, may fish jumpeth in thy boat!

..cheers!..stevo!..

Edited by fishguts