Disposing Old Petrol

nzwarriors

Hint- Do you own a company car.

No matter how bad it is 8 liters to a full car tank unless it is very very old and gummy as car systems are pretty tough.

Some councils have areas at their depots but not sure if they accept petrol. Most servos have a proper disposal system if they have mechanics there so just ask.

Don't run it in the mower as it can do damage and don't try and freshen it as it doesn't work.

Give the tank a good flush with fresh fuel before you fill it up.

Hi Ross,

I have about 15L ( I think) mixed with xd-100 ( brought from huey at the time to try) at 25:1 ratio was breaking in new motor, but since switched back to valvoline as didnt want to void the warranty as dealer recommends valvo. This would not be more than 3 months old. The other is about 15-20L of standard stuff mixed at 50:1 with valvo, which was used with the old motor i think this stuff would be about 5 months old. Both Stored in plastic.

Yeh if u want any of it, its free to a good home.

Otherwise i guess im going to give Department of Environment and Climate Change a call recommended by the local council.

Cheers.

Regards,

Chen.

Hi Ross,

I have about 15L ( I think) mixed with xd-100 ( brought from huey at the time to try) at 25:1 ratio was breaking in new motor, but since switched back to valvoline as didnt want to void the warranty as dealer recommends valvo. This would not be more than 3 months old. The other is about 15-20L of standard stuff mixed at 50:1 with valvo, which was used with the old motor i think this stuff would be about 5 months old. Both Stored in plastic.

Otherwise i guess im going to give Department of Environment and Climate Change a call recommended by the local council.

Cheers.

Regards,

Chen.

Find a coupla small builders. They'd use in Petrol mixers.

The fuel in my Aluminium tank is well over 3 months old. I run an Opti on it. Not a problem. been there since mid June.. Just mix up with a bit of fresh fuel. it'll burn....

Macka17

Hi Ross,

Cheers.

Regards,

Chen.

G'day Chen ,

I'll gladly take it off your hands !! I have some XD100 I can use to make it OK for air cooled 2 stroke engines. PM me details for pickup !!

Thanks mate ,

Ross

Waste transfer stations generally accept 5 liters at a time for free ( well North Sydney does). Give your local waste transfer station a call. We have taken several 5l containers in in one go and they have been OK as they resell it to waste people and don't want it in their dump as it is a contaminate

Hey Ross

You might want to be a little careful running a water cooled oil in a air cooled 2 stroke. Part of the reason TCW ratings came in was because 2 stroke oil at different engine temperatures reacted differently in water cooled motors. In the cooler water cooled heads coking was hapening. I'm not sure if the XD oils have any rating. The synthetics aren't used much for air cooled 2 strokes but then again there isn't many around in bikes these days.

That added with probably stale fuel can lead to lack of lubrication and also possibly a very long burning hot spot in the combustion chamber as the fuel has lost all it's explosive volatile elements.

Same old story - fresh fuel always and right oil for right job as some of the new ones are very specific in optimum working temp ranges hence the reason not to substitute even other manufacturers brand oil in other direct injection motors.

Edited by pelican