Lake Windamere

glennmreid

Hi, I'm going to Lake Windamere over the Australia Day long weekend. This is my first time to Windamere. What types of fish can I expect to catch? I will be fishing from a boat. Do lures work the best, particulary trolling? Also, I have a downrigger. Would downrigging work? Any spots in Windamere that are particulary good fishing areas? Which lures do you recommend trying?

Thanks

Edited by chopper75

Hi, I'm going to Lake Windamere over the Australia Day long weekend. This is my first time to Windamere. What types of fish can I expect to catch? I will be fishing from a boat. Do lures work the best, particulary trolling? Also, I have a downrigger. Would downrigging work? Any spots in Windamere that are particulary good fishing areas? Which lures do you recommend trying?

Thanks

i will also be there over the long weekend mate and its a first for me also. the people im going with suggest lures work the best for them on the resident perch. good luck and might see you out there mate.

Hi fellas ,Yellowbelly and large silver perch as well as the odd cod.

Trolling works well as does casting to the structure with jackals or diving lures to 10 feet.

Slow down your retreive for the yellowbelly and get a few earthworms for the silvers and you can bag a few nice catties at night from the shore.

Cheers Stewy

Hi fellas ,Yellowbelly and large silver perch as well as the odd cod.

Trolling works well as does casting to the structure with jackals or diving lures to 10 feet.

Slow down your retreive for the yellowbelly and get a few earthworms for the silvers and you can bag a few nice catties at night from the shore.

Cheers Stewy

sweet as mate thanks for the info, will try all of those methods. hopefully have some pics to post on the return.

Will try to get some info,My parents live up that way about 40min drive to windamere.Talked to my dad briefly last night and he said the fishing report in the local paper said they have been getting a few nice fish mostly on spinnerbaits.There was a photo of a 104cm cod and he mentioned a nice rainbow as well around 60cm(not sure where it was caught).

He also said the dam was around 30% full and the water was fairly clear.He is going to chat to a few of the locals he knows that fish there regularly and gather some info.As soon as i know more will post.

Stephen.

:1fishing1:

Will try to get some info,My parents live up that way about 40min drive to windamere.Talked to my dad briefly last night and he said the fishing report in the local paper said they have been getting a few nice fish mostly on spinnerbaits.There was a photo of a 104cm cod and he mentioned a nice rainbow as well around 60cm(not sure where it was caught).

He also said the dam was around 30% full and the water was fairly clear.He is going to chat to a few of the locals he knows that fish there regularly and gather some info.As soon as i know more will post.

Stephen.

:1fishing1:

cheers mate your a legend, look forward to hearing some tips.

try live yabbies on a step slopeing shoreline of the banks try to find structure to such as weed beds and snags i have caught and witnessed some large perch over 5kg landed using this teqniqnepost-5114-1200104799_thumb.jpg post-5114-1200104976_thumb.jpg

Edited by xib

Thanks

Hi Chopper 75, I live at Gulgong an hours drive from Windamere and fish it regularly, fish you can expect to catch are Golden Perch, Silver Perch, Murray Cod, and Cat fish. I mostly fish with lures such as Jackyl, TN50s, Kokoda G Vibes, medium and small stump jumpers and spinnerbaits are the main ones I use. I caught 5 Golden Perch up to 5 kgs last weekend.Bait fishing also works small crayfish and worms are the best bet, I find casting lures to structure eg standing timber, rock walls and weed beds catches more fish than trolling, the 104cm Cod that was mentioned in one of the other replies was caught by my workmate on a twinspin spinner bait. i hope this has been of help to you, Regards Pappy..

post-5916-1200052328_thumb.jpg

Hi Chopper 75, I live at Gulgong an hours drive from Windamere and fish it regularly, fish you can expect to catch are Golden Perch, Silver Perch, Murray Cod, and Cat fish. I mostly fish with lures such as Jackyl, TN50s, Kokoda G Vibes, medium and small stump jumpers and spinnerbaits are the main ones I use. I caught 5 Golden Perch up to 5 kgs last weekend.Bait fishing also works small crayfish and worms are the best bet, I find casting lures to structure eg standing timber, rock walls and weed beds catches more fish than trolling, the 104cm Cod that was mentioned in one of the other replies was caught by my workmate on a twinspin spinner bait. i hope this has been of help to you, Regards Pappy..

Hi Pappy,

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. Hopefully I should get some good fish!

post-5916-1200052328_thumb.jpg