Channel Marker's

IWANNABROCK

Hi, I fished the Crookhaven river-Orient point area over christmas,mainly Early morning due to wind and choppy water due to the n/easter winds. went out on the last night we were there as wind had dropped right off. launched boat at Orient point ramp and fished Greenwell point area,when we came back in it was the worst experience I have had due to not one navigational marker lit up heading back to the ramp, had to travel at a very slow idle and keep checking water depths on sounder,nearly beached couple of times. I thought all navigation markers were lit at night? Who would I speak to about trying to get these lit up? Sorry for long post had to get the story out.

P:S caught bugger all fish all week due to weather condition's

If you read the section on boating at night on the Waterways website , it advises caution as not all markers are lit. If you are in unfamiliar waters at night , the best thing to do is what you did , take it slowly , and check your water depth frequently.

Ross

sorry i thought all markers are lit, but this particular stretch of water is pitch black and has a very narrow channel,moored boats and oyster leases. I have used the section of water a few times over the years but day time only.

sorry i thought all markers are lit, but this particular stretch of water is pitch black and has a very narrow channel,moored boats and oyster leases. I have used the section of water a few times over the years but day time only.

I know this ramp and waters, wouldnt be much fun at night,