Strikes...

SUFFO

Question is it only me and my imagination, but does anybody else find it that when you rest your rod after holding it for an hour to reach for a snack or drink or to do anything else besides hold the rod the fish smack your rod like no tommorrow? Can they feel our pulse through the line?

Cheers

Suffo :1fishing1:

:074: I thought it was just me! I watch my rod like a hawk whenever I put it down, I never let it out of sight as I know this is likely to happen. And if im around rocks and snags, Ill reel in if i need to take a piss cuz I know something might jump on it and head straight for the rocks if I cant put immediate pressure on em. Some people, when boat fishing for bream especially will always have the rod in a holder and will never hang on to it. Theres gotta be something to it but I cant for the life of me work out what. I thought it was maybe minute vibrations caused by us hanging on, and if the fish are spooky theyll pick up on it. Who knows..

Mate I am a Union Official and I can assure you the best strike is one that comes when least expected :1prop:

Dave

:074:

Definately mate.....

But on the fishing side of things.... i couldn't agree more. As soon as someone on board puts a rod down or looks the other way - bang, hit.

If things are quiet, I'll actually put the rod in the holder and go up the front of the boat and have a sandwich or a drink. If that doesn't bring the fish on its time to go home... :074:

Its a funny thing and everyone who fishes regularly will say the same thing. As soon as you're not paying attention, a fish appears.

Needs some scientific study or thingo done I'd say....

Cheers

David.

:074: I thought it was just me! I watch my rod like a hawk whenever I put it down, I never let it out of sight as I know this is likely to happen. And if im around rocks and snags, Ill reel in if i need to take a piss cuz I know something might jump on it and head straight for the rocks if I cant put immediate pressure on em. Some people, when boat fishing for bream especially will always have the rod in a holder and will never hang on to it. Theres gotta be something to it but I cant for the life of me work out what. I thought it was maybe minute vibrations caused by us hanging on, and if the fish are spooky theyll pick up on it. Who knows..

I learnt the hard way last year fishing out at north head. Put my rod down to reach for a beer than BANG. Rod and reel heading off to the bottom - and its still the closest i have come to a kingy (just guessing but from all i have read it def looked like a kingy bite). I think it took the rest of the trip for my mates ribs to stop hurting from laughing !

I always keep a hand/foot on my rod since then.

Good luck