Quiet Day

yockman

Headed out from BB this morning with some mates. Bumped into Mako at the ramp, good to meet another raider.

Winds were light but it was still a bit lumpy round the heads. Set our sights on the shelf, but after 15kms, planing it was still bloody hard work so we started trolling there. The weather began to improve, water was looking good colour and temp wise. Bait wasn't scarce, it was non-existent.

Got to Browns without seeing a skerrick of life on the surface or on the sounder. Trolled back to the shelf, saw Broadbill working an area. If you read this Broadbill, we were the boat that came up from the south after lunch, and I'd be curious to know if that area is what you call the Kink.

Anyway, score at the end of the day was a fat 0-0-0, but that's how it goes.

Weekend looks good :)

Cheers,

Yock

Headed out from BB this morning with some mates. Bumped into Mako at the ramp, good to meet another raider.

Winds were light but it was still a bit lumpy round the heads. Set our sights on the shelf, but after 15kms, planing it was still bloody hard work so we started trolling there. The weather began to improve, water was looking good colour and temp wise. Bait wasn't scarce, it was non-existent.

Got to Browns without seeing a skerrick of life on the surface or on the sounder. Trolled back to the shelf, saw Broadbill working an area. If you read this Broadbill, we were the boat that came up from the south after lunch, and I'd be curious to know if that area is what you call the Kink.

Anyway, score at the end of the day was a fat 0-0-0, but that's how it goes.

Weekend looks good :)

Cheers,

Yock

Yock,

We raised 6 marin but 4 of them came up together We hooked two they both fell off as did all the others Talk about dropsey. Fished today and never saw one ...So don't feel so bad

Off to Pt Stephens Friday so we may better our four fish to date in one day... Hopefully

All the best .

Ross

Thanks for the nice day out Ross ,we had a great time and only one small dolly hitting the lures.

The small dollies are around the outer fad :biggrin2:

Great day to be out at sea :thumbup:

Cheers Stewy

Hi Yock,

It was good to meet you at the ramp.

Unlucky you didn't get any hits,we didn't get any either.

We trolled from the outer fad to the shelf and then south along the

shelf.We were going to do afew drops at browns but I forgot the sinkers :mad3:

I was kicking myself as it looked like a good day for a browns drop.

The only bait we saw were two small schools of sauries.There were alot of dolphins

around too.

We headed in about half an hour after we spoke to you.

Caught a nice flattie,some trevally and a few crabs so we ended up with a feed.

Hehe Ross, raising 6 marlin not such a dull day! Would have been fun for the deckie if they all hooked up. Would still like to know if that area we saw you was the Sydney Kink??

Mako, bad luck about the sinkers. You could have given us a call, I had plenty big ones on board. By the time we got to Browns it was was very calm, might have been good for a drop, though the current was steaming later at the FAD.

Let's see what the weekend brings. Good luck to all.

Yock

Hehe Ross, raising 6 marlin not such a dull day! Would have been fun for the deckie if they all hooked up. Would still like to know if that area we saw you was the Sydney Kink??

Mako, bad luck about the sinkers. You could have given us a call, I had plenty big ones on board. By the time we got to Browns it was was very calm, might have been good for a drop, though the current was steaming later at the FAD.

Let's see what the weekend brings. Good luck to all.

Yock

Yes! that was THe Kink latitude 056

Ross