Port Hacking 16/01

landbased

Hey all,

Hired a tinnie with my mate from work today and went around the hacking in search of a feed. Alas there were very few fish around for us except for a couple of small pinkies and a ray. Tried around Lilli Pilli and all the other places for nothing.

Has anyone else had teh same sort of luck in the hacking recently?

The hacking is a very very hard place to fish, possibly because it is a very tiny waterway and the water is very clear.

I find that that a good bag of fish form the hacking is a very poor bag compared to what you can get out of the harbour.

MR RB.

Hey all,

Hired a tinnie with my mate from work today and went around the hacking in search of a feed. Alas there were very few fish around for us except for a couple of small pinkies and a ray. Tried around Lilli Pilli and all the other places for nothing.

Hey all,

Unlucky, it hasn't been that bad recently, i have caught a few fish recently. Last outing on the boat saw us land a jew whiting and a bream, so there are fish for the taking.

I don't know what you guys are talking about!

I had a ripper of a day with the kids on the Hacking on Wed 16th. Picked up a 39cm whiting :thumbup: and a 35cm bream, plus a few smaller fish. All in 3.5 hours.

All the fish were taken on nippers. Tried surface popping the flats for nil.

There's a very productive yabbie bed halfway up the channel into Maianbar - opposite side to the channel marker. There's some big mongrels in there at the mo' (doesn't my punctured thumb know it!) :074:

Anchored up on the southern edge of the main channel just above that little rock/oyster bar. That's where I took the biggies. That whiting sure gave me a fight too. Thought it was a soapie for the first couple of minutes :1yikes: .

Both my biggest whiting have come from PH. My PB was a 40cm model taken on boxing day two years back, when every man and his boat was on the water. Like Pitt St.

Like I said - don't know what you guys are talking about!

Tight lines