Dunbogan

jasper

Hi all,

I am going to spend a couple of days at Dunbogan in Feb.

I was wondering if it its worth taking the boat up there 4.2 stacer I have never been there before although family has with out boat.

I have checked map and seems very shallow and tight in river and most places can be accessed via land.

There is a warning about bar so going outside wont be an option.

Any advice would be appreciated

Cheers

Gibbo

Gibbo,

Mate take the boat as it allows you access to the whole area I use my 435 hornet down there on a regular basis and alway come home with a feed.

The bar there can be very bad when the is a north easter blowing but if the is any southerly blowing you should be right, but make you watch a few sets and if possible a few other boats go out. I have and my boat out several times from there just remember to check in with sea rescue there.

If you have any queries just flick us a pm

Dave

Hi all,

I am going to spend a couple of days at Dunbogan in Feb.

I was wondering if it its worth taking the boat up there 4.2 stacer I have never been there before although family has with out boat.

I have checked map and seems very shallow and tight in river and most places can be accessed via land.

There is a warning about bar so going outside wont be an option.

Any advice would be appreciated

Cheers

Gibbo

Mate fantastic spot, you should definetly take your boat. I could not imagine fishing there with out one. A 4.2 is perfect size for up there, i have 5m and get around just about every where. plently of sheltered spots.

Edited by achjimmy

Mate, you definately should take your boat, it's a necessity.

Check with the guys at North Haven tackle about spots. They are next to the bottlo at Bunny's Corner at North Haven and are really helpful.

Yiour 4.2 will be ideal in the esturay and the lakes as they can be shallow and you won't have much draft. My 6.5mtr Trailcraft limits me to the main part of Canmden Haven river and outside, but I would never go up there for an extended stay with her.

Tight lines!