Harbour Shark

sirkos

Question

16 answers to this question

Just a pic to show u what a PJ shark looks like.

A bit like a cartoon charactor in the face.

penguin

That's top quality photography Penguin. What sort of bait caught that giant Port Jackson, a slab of fish down deep? And was the weather somewhat cool for the season, with clear water in the shallows perhaps and otherwise quiet at the time ?

Just want to see if it matches up with my own experiences with Port Jacksons penguin that's all. Port Jacksons have never been a signal for good jew conditions at the same time whereas I have found more often than not that the presence of rays and shovel nose sharks is a good sign of incoming jew activity in the same vicinity or to be more specific on the same side of a river for the duration of the particular tide on the day.

Just wondering, thanks mate

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Is that what it is i was at jibbon beach fishing late last year and caught a larger one off those blind sharks A man fishing next to me said "they are really good eat " I looked at the fish and it didnt look back at me :074: So said u can hav it the man put it in a plastic bag and stayed there for 6 hours and i said to him can i borrow the fish back just wanna take a pics off it

To my surprise it was still alive after 6 hours :1yikes: Are they some sortta lung and gill breathers

A.dawg~~~

Does anyone know what sort of teeth they have? Any sharp gripping/cutting or just crushing. i know they feed on mostly invertebrates but am very keen to find out about the teeth and if they ever get aggressive.

i cant find info on that anywhere. Have any of you guys that have caught them checked it out?

Does anyone know what sort of teeth they have? Any sharp gripping/cutting or just crushing. i know they feed on mostly invertebrates but am very keen to find out about the teeth and if they ever get aggressive.

i cant find info on that anywhere. Have any of you guys that have caught them checked it out?

post-829-1234317279_thumb.jpg

This is the mental dwarf version often found at Mollineaux but native to the Flint & Steel.

Hope this helps

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Because the harbour doesn't have flouride in it all the fish are losing their teeth. Bloody health system and government. Please look after my dental health

Signed NEMO

Sorry don't know. Amazes me how little we know about so many fish that aren't that uncommon and how little is written or on the internet. There are some truely weird ones out there.

There wont cut your whole finger off but is very much like other sharks they have rows off teeth but only about 2-3 milli metters long and not ass much as the bigger sharks

If you get your finger in there you'll probly bleed badly and crush your flesh :1prop:

There wont cut your whole finger off but is very much like other sharks they have rows off teeth but only about 2-3 milli metters long and not ass much as the bigger sharks

If you get your finger in there you'll probly bleed badly and crush your flesh :1prop:

Thanks A.dawg, that's the type of information i was after.

I agree with A.dawg..i catch a few of those while rock fishing at long reef...when they come in all the fish go

Justin :1fishing1: