Eating Fresh Caught Fish On Your Boat

Penguin

Does anybody know the legality of cooking up just caught fresh fish on your boat?

I wanna go out on the harbour this weekend with a few mates and cook up

some fish (Kingy hopefully) on my boats bbq.

I presume this to be ok, if the fish remains whole, but what if we cut up the fish or

fillet it, this would then be a no no, correct?

penguin

Hey Penguin I wouldn't worry too much mate, just cook em up and enjoy your barbecue on the water, there's nothing better, that's for sure. :thumbup:

Take a photo on the brag mat, grill them up whole but because of the expected size you'll have to move them along the grill plate on a conveyor belt, I'd say. :lol:

Keep the heads and frames as evidence and make sure you don't let Mimo get to them and use them as tooth picks. :074:

Be sure to say hello to Mimo for me, mate we miss the big guy :thumbup:

Cheers John

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Hey Penguin I wouldn't worry too much mate, just cook em up and enjoy your barbecue on the water, there's nothing better, that's for sure. :thumbup:

Take a photo on the brag mat, grill them up whole but because of the expected size you'll have to move them along the grill plate on a conveyor belt, I'd say. :lol:

Keep the heads and frames as evidence and make sure you don't let Mimo get to them and use them as tooth picks. :074:

Be sure to say hello to Mimo for me, mate we miss the big guy :thumbup:

Cheers John

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Mate I tried to get the big guy to come out this weekend but hes taking a week off

work and goin fishing somwhere out of Sydney.

penguin

fish must be kept whole except for immediate use. Immediate use can be cutting up a fish for baits or filleting for your own consumption. So fire up the barbie and eat up.

spot on, immediate consumption is fine, otherwise you are supposed to go to your nearest designated fish cleaning area... stupid hey, i argued the points of this with a fisheries bloke on south coast Re: leater jacket we were cleanin on the rocks...

he told us we couldn't in case they were undersize, and we needed to go 5 km north to the nearest cleaning station. We pointed out that there was no size and if you leave the head and guts in a leathery on a hot day they go bad... 15 minute later he let us go with a "warning"...