Harbour 6th Jan

gibodfisho

After watching some guys hook some Kings on fly in Pittwater I was keen to get into some myself in the Harbour. Went out with only a general plan of finding some fish on the surface but most of the surface activity was from baitfish only. Stopped at a marker buoy and first cast with a 3'bm. come up solid with something solid. Thought I had the upper hand when it makes a b-line for the marker and the hook pulls :thumbdown: Then I manage to wrap about 20m of fireline in the electric :1badmood: Decide to anchor and dangle some squid . Pull the hooks on 2 more good runs and starting to get peeved. Pull up anchor and decide to drift past and finally stay connected and land a little King of 55cm. Headed off again and notice a colour change stetching from Middle Head and decide to troll along the edge and start pickig up slimeys. On the third fish I try to shake it off and the leader snaps and away swims an unfortunate fish and a rapala. :ranting2: Went looking for the reliable bream. Found plenty but were real touchy in clear water, heaps of taps and pulled hooks. Went down to 4pnd and 2"minnow and finally stayed connected. In Middle Harbour one boat had over a dozen bream feeding along its edge but managed to spook them. Had one follow and probably one run from a King up here as well but on light tackle :1tongue: Met the missus and had lunch at Clontarf then went back looking for more bream but they were no longer there or past Roseville in any numbers or size. Thats when I rememberad I had a bannana on board :hitsfan: