Fished The Ph Today

RPL

Last night went out fishing for bait, that being squid at for a Jew session early this morning. In the beginning it was very slow no hits no nothing, but at about 7:30 we picked up 10 nice arrows in about 10 mins.

Started this morning from Dolans bay boat ramp at 540 for spot X to target the jews, i had two combos, one being a SicStick Pro with a 4000 Symetre and 20lb braid and the other was a T-curve with a 1000 stradic spooled with 4lb braid. Dropped two squid down for very little in after about 1 hour my T-curve gets a good jew run, takes about 30 m of line and snap there goes the leader... Very disappointing considering that he didn't take my other line and that was the only action.

Dropped several other baits, but they were getting munched by the leatheries so we decided to target them. Ended up with 20, the biggest being 2 fanbellies going 35 and 36cm. All in all a good day on the Port just a bit disappointing not being able to get into the jew.

I spent an allnighter last night hunting the elusive Port Hacking Jew.

Unfortunately all that would take my Yakkas was a small shark and nothing wanted the pike i spent all night slowly drowning.

I am yet to land a Jew of reasonable size in the Hacking but it is a great spot to spend the night.

Dave

I spent an allnighter last night hunting the elusive Port Hacking Jew.

Unfortunately all that would take my Yakkas was a small shark and nothing wanted the pike i spent all night slowly drowning.

I am yet to land a Jew of reasonable size in the Hacking but it is a great spot to spend the night.

Dave

Unlucky mate, its not easy to land one, but i think the best chance to take one is on squid, i have tried several times with yakkas for zilch, where squid has worked but they have been dropped.

BTW what shark did you catch?

BTW what shark did you catch?

No idea. It was a dark night with clouds covering the moon most of the time. My head lamp batterys had gone flat and its hard to hold a torch and rod/reel at the same time.

All i can say is it wasnt a wobby or PJ, fought like a trooper for the couple of minutes it took to bring up and is swimming around today with a 6/0 hook hanging out of its pointy teeth.

Dave