Sydney International Boat Show

Byron

Spent a leisurely 3 hours down at the show last night, and left drooling like a dog in a butcher shop!! :P

Have just begun the task of reviewing the current crop of Bream boats and the Boat Show was the perfect place to start. Ended up with a short list of the following:

1. Stessl Edgetracker 435 Pro Tournament

2. Polycraft 4.1 side console

3. Clark 440 (made in same factory as Stessl)

4. Stacer 460 Tournament Elite

Have i missed anything anyone?? I am not interested in a Hornet and I am restricted to boats of less than 4.6M I think due to limited access at my terrace in Paddo.

P.S. love those Full Boars Billfish, they are an awesome looking machine!!! They have 3 boats at the show on display.

Thanks Swoffa,

was just reading your post....you hit the nail on the head with your comments about Hornet bashing!! The Stessl guy in particular seemed quite vocal in his views.

Will have to check out the Elegant. Not sure I have heard of these before.

I agree the Clark/Stessl seems a nice boat for the money, but I rreally like the 460 Stacer with its 3 person bench seat that folds down for an almost complete flat deck!! Pretty good idea I thought.

For the cash though, it is hard to go past the Poly though. Just not the prettiest boat on the water but having been on Dave W''s boat they sure ride nice in the chop!!

Looks like I have plenty of thinking to do yet :rolleyes:

Guest Jocool
It just occured to me that you''''re in the same boat as me (pardon the pun) and need to upgrade your car at the same time as getting a boat... lovely cheap exercise...  :(  :blink:

:lol: Join the club. I had to do the same thing when my Skyline didnt like my boat too much! And now that I bought a Ute its awesome! And 100% tax deductible for me!!! :-whip :-whip :P

Yeah I hear you on the boat/car issue Swoffa and Joe!!

Luckily for me I have just started work at ANZ so the financing should be good, and I can package the car still so save a bit of tax.

My thoughts are to not spend quite so much on the car (hmmmm but temptation is hard to resist), and fund the boat with the money I save.

My project plan suggests 2 months minimum before I will be in a position to place an order on a boat........and patience has never been a virtue of mine!!!

P.S. love those Full Boars Billfish, they are an awesome looking machine!!! They have 3 boats at the show on display.

Strewth Byron :o has Billfish seen the light :lol:

How about a 5.0M with a swingaway draw bar trailer?

For the cash though, it is hard to go past the Poly though. Just not the prettiest boat on the water but having been on Dave W''''''''s boat they sure ride nice in the chop!!

Byron byron byronnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

How can you say the poly''s are not pretty :P

i suppose they dont look very attractive when they are bare bones but when you finish fitting them out they look pretty in my eyes :wub:

Here''s mine if you havent seen it already :)

Stevo

Swoffa

Dropped into the S.I.B.S. Sunday morning before work. The Full Boar stand was packed, they have peaked some interest with their designs and lay-outs.

I noticed Peter Pakula sitting in in the 5.0m having a look. Perhaps he''s considering taking on a real challenge of bream on plastics :naughty: .

Bill

Hey Steve,

Sorry mate, no offence!!!

Having seen your unit up close, I realise that with a little TLC they can come up looking a treat (like your neat set-up). That said, it is hard to beat the clean custom painted lines of some of the glass and alloy boats.

I really like the way you have finished yours in carpet and covered the plastic lids.

I will need to have a chat with you about how you set yours up. Nothing better than getting advice from someone who has already seen what works vs. what doesn''t.

Look forward to catching up for a yarn....will need to do the same with Dave W.

Hey Byron no offence taken mate, i was just having a laugh is all :nana:

Your welcome to have a look at the poly, if you can make the next social day on the parra you can see it up close. I don''t mind answering questions mate no probs at all.....

There are so many better boats out there, but i wasnt ready to part with 30K for chasing the fish i chase and wasnt willing to risk the alloy route again so i met 1/2 way and went the poly, havent regreted it either :ohyeh:

Here''s a few more pics of the layout if you haven''t seen them... they are very easy to work on if your a little handy with power tools etc.

Stevo :D

Rod Locker..

Hey Steve,

This looks awesome mate!!! Must not have checked it out too closely when I last saw you. The carpeting and lockers look first rate.

Makes me question my initial thoughts on the poly not being too pretty. :D

You are talking my language with the cash issue mate. Hard to justify the extra $$$ for a glass or tricked up alloy boat, as much as I would love one!!

Also, what were your thoughts around going for the tiller steer option?? I am pretty keen on the side console, but maybe I have missed something??

Chat to you at the next socail if not sooner mate.

P.S. which dealer did you get yours from and were they keen to strike a deal??

thanks swoff.

you have to cut holes for the rod tips to poke through, 7ft''s fit in there no problem, but theres room for more, you can get rods in there that will go all the way to the bow in length, i havent got any longer rods than 7ft so ive never tried.

I only use the locker when the boats on the trailer, in the water the rods lay ontop when the lids closed so you can grab whichever rod you like whenyou need it.

My personal preferance re the tiller, i love them, theres hardly any steering torque there and i have not had a sore arm after driving, if your motor''s trim tab is setup correctly the boat will track straight and there will be hardly any pressure on the tiller are, if that trim tab is out just a little you have alot of pressure on the tiller which make your arm very tired.

a console is nice, but i prefer the room to the console.

I got mine from Watersports Marine @ Kingspark, very nice blokes, were interested in a little wheeling and dealing, and beat the other sydney based poly dealer(s) in price. Watersports is a Merc dealer, but i wanted the yammy he had no problems with getting me one from independant outboards at the right price, so i like a dealer that goes out of his way to get you something that he normally doesn''t sell :thumbsup:

Hope that helps.

Stevo :)

G''day guys,

I was meaning to get to the boat show but never got the time. I was interested in the poly boats more fro price than anything. How do they compare in terms of price for a bare bones hull compared to tinny.

Matt

Guest Jocool
Stevo - I don''''t beleive thats really your boat.  You better take me out & prove it  :naughty:  :naughty:

WOW...Does that trick STILL work???? :nana:

nice set up - i did like to look of the poly, but had reservations with its ability to ride in open water with some swell. If you just want a bream/bass machine they look tops, esp as they come with casting platform etc already.

Man i just go more confused at the boat show than anything!

What was disapointing was that many of the so called ''dealers'' were not willing to talk to me or take my questions seriously. Sure i''m a young bloke (22 who looks about 16) but i was more than genuine and have a solid 10grand or more to spend on a boat. I also had done lots of research in terms of hulls and manufacturers.

The bloke from a stacer dealer and a bloke who sold see-jay boats were the exceptions. They were helpful but the others were wankers.