Garfish To Eat

chocofallon

Garies are delicious & easy to prepare. Gut it as per usual, then lay it belly down back up on a cutting board. Roll a longneck or rolling pin over the spine and voila the flesh seperates in one piece from the spine. They're great fried in flour or egg/breadcrumbs. It's the one fish that's OK to overcook a little, as this softens up the remaining ribs. Really tasty :thumbup:

Jig

Garies are delicious & easy to prepare. Gut it as per usual, then lay it belly down back up on a cutting board. Roll a longneck or rolling pin over the spine and voila the flesh seperates in one piece from the spine. They're great fried in flour or egg/breadcrumbs. It's the one fish that's OK to overcook a little, as this softens up the remaining ribs. Really tasty :thumbup:

Jig

Sounds good... thanks I'll give it a go!

Cheers,

Joe

Jig

:dito::dito:

Beautiful for breaky

Hi all,

I've been catching a few Garfish for bait and have heard they are great eating so I am keen to catch a few and try them out on the table. However does anyone know how to prepare them ie fillet or cook them whole and what's a good way of cooking them.?

Cheers,

Joe

Mate how are ya catching them? I have tried a few times to no avail.

Same technique & tackle for mullet, Jimmy. Lotsa breadcrumb berley, tiny hook. Floatant on the line if you can see them or a pencil float if you can't. the trickiest bit is keeping them in the area so an unbroken berley trail is a must. Te tastiest bait around lol.