Bream At Bobbin Head

Andy_from_the_CJ

hello Heckendorf,

we were fishing off the back of a boat down there, which is OK with the management. Regarding the restaurant, I've seen a few blokes spinning there at the crack of dawn out of a 12 footer with an electric outboard, but I haven't seen them land anything. I think the go is, burley. Cheers, A

Good one Naked. Yes, that's a very interesting creek at Appletree. I saw a whopper mudcrab swimming up it a while ago and it would probably be a good spot for a witches hat trap. There was a Chinese bloke down there throwing a cast net at the bream too, but they're too smart for that. Regards, Andrew

My boss's dad work's as an upholsterer down at halvorsens and he reckon's that the lady that runs the restaurant go's crazy at anyone havin a crack at the bream that are down there even on boats aswell! Has anyone seen the mullet down there aswell? I've never seen so many of em! millions of em just swimmin into each other around the sandflat end of the marina!

shannon...

fortunately we hav our boat tied up at bobbin head. the bream there a absolutely huge and same with the possums :1yikes: . dont ever try to put ur rubbish in the bin there at night 9 times out of ten our fury little friends will jump out with a few chips in there mouth lol. i have fished off the back of the boat berlied up alot of bream then dropped a lure down and got smashed as soon as it hit the water almost lost the bream on the props of the boat !! it was only one fish tho wen i hooked up with the fish every other bream dissappeared :ranting2::thumbdown: . apparantly there are video cameras watching the boats so i guess you will be caught on camera fishing not that i could see them really bothering to pursue you. besides they have other things to do like getting to the fuel station wen you have been waiting for a while already :ranting2: i have seen workers dopping a line over after work along with a few beers i guess :beersmile: ... thats my excuse if i get caught :biggrin2:

my guess is that andy is friends with one of the workers thats how he gets past the security either that or he sits on the roof in a possum costume dropping the line down wen the security dude isnt looking hehe :risata:

nice fish btw... did they happen to taste like hamburgers and hot chips :thumbup: ?? thats all they seem to eat

Edited by Edward

not this saturday iain... if i am out it will usually be fishing right up the end of smiths creek on the sand flats.... i havnt really had much luck anywhere else in the cowan. all i seem to get wen i fish deeper water is bloody squire :05: on 6lb line you think you onto a monster then u pull it up and its just a little squire hooked in the gills :ranting2:

• 6 years later...

This was an old thread back to 2005 (six years ago)and strange someone post reply to it recently. But quite interesting that mudcrab can be found in Bobbin Head. May give a try next time.

Cheers Phil

• 2 weeks later...

This was an old thread back to 2005 (six years ago)and strange someone post reply to it recently. But quite interesting that mudcrab can be found in Bobbin Head. May give a try next time.

Cheers Phil

A mates girlfriend caught a huge Muddy on a handline with prawn bait off the Apple Tree Bay boat ramp one night.

She thought it was a snag at first & started tugging at it, luckily when she did that the crab got tangled up in the line. I swear it's claws were bigger then my hands and almost twice as wide. Just the claws would have been a decent feed for 1 person lol...

A mates girlfriend caught a huge Muddy on a handline with prawn bait off the Apple Tree Bay boat ramp one night.

She thought it was a snag at first & started tugging at it, luckily when she did that the crab got tangled up in the line. I swear it's claws were bigger then my hands and almost twice as wide. Just the claws would have been a decent feed for 1 person lol...

Hi Cyber Crimes,

When did it happen? Recently? I got 2 mud crab pot ready which I bought them from online shop.

Cheers Phil

Edited by macmac