Qwik Flik @ Fig Tree

Bream Mad

Hi Raiders,

After my anticipated morning Bass session was shut down by last nights storm i thought a lunch time flick at fig tree was in order.

High on the agenda was giving sammy65 his first swim :biggrin2:

Obviously it was still raining and windy but perfect for surface luring on the making tide :thumbup:

Started with a surecatch popper and pretty soon a little bream not much bigger than the lure smashed it and we had out first. :biggrin2:

Next tied on a smith towadi which generated lots of interest as it slid and spurted all over the shop, plenty of boils but no solid hook ups :thumbdown:

Now it was time to unleash the Sammy65, it cast a mile and looked so lifelike as it walked and popped.

Now the switch was flipped and almost every cast produced mighty boils and even spashy strikes.

Mostly these weren't converted into hookups ( :05: ) but eventually i feel the weight of a 30cm breambo :yahoo:

Time to go back to work i recon :thumbdown:

Cheers

BM

Hey BM

Sounds like a interesting lunch time adventure.

I find with the sammy you do get alot of boils with out hook up, I think it's the 65mm size and they just can't fit the whole thing down unless they are big. When there are a few fish chasing it hook ups seem easier because of the compatition factor.

Lucky Craft need a 45mm version me thinks!

Greg

Hey BM

Sounds like a interesting lunch time adventure.

I find with the sammy you do get alot of boils with out hook up, I think it's the 65mm size and they just can't fit the whole thing down unless they are big. When there are a few fish chasing it hook ups seem easier because of the compatition factor.

Lucky Craft need a 45mm version me thinks!

Greg

Yes i agree a little bit smaller would be perfect for bream

it kills on bass though with their big gob :074:

Hey BM

How deep is the water your fishing the poppers in? I want to give it a go and am looking at a piece of water 2 to 6 ft deep, weedy bottom that often produces bream and whiting on bait. Wondering if its a tad to deep though?

Cheers

C.

Edited by chrisg

Hey BM

How deep is the water your fishing the poppers in? I want to give it a go and am looking at a piece of water 2 to 6 ft deep, weedy bottom that often produces bream and whiting on bait. Wondering if its a tad to deep though?

Cheers

C.

Anywhere between 1 and 6 feet is fine sometimes even deeper water works

Hey BM

last few times I have been down there I have scored next to zip.

where you on the carpark side of the HH wall side.

I have given the poppers a go on the flats and have had a few follows but no hits.

what's the method you use as I am real keen to get this down pat.

what the sambo you mentioned I was going to get some Taylor made poppers.

cheers Kael

Hi Raiders,

After my anticipated morning Bass session was shut down by last nights storm i thought a lunch time flick at fig tree was in order.

High on the agenda was giving sammy65 his first swim :biggrin2:

Obviously it was still raining and windy but perfect for surface luring on the making tide :thumbup:

Started with a surecatch popper and pretty soon a little bream not much bigger than the lure smashed it and we had out first. :biggrin2:

Next tied on a smith towadi which generated lots of interest as it slid and spurted all over the shop, plenty of boils but no solid hook ups :thumbdown:

Now it was time to unleash the Sammy65, it cast a mile and looked so lifelike as it walked and popped.

Now the switch was flipped and almost every cast produced mighty boils and even spashy strikes.

Mostly these weren't converted into hookups ( :05: ) but eventually i feel the weight of a 30cm breambo :yahoo:

Time to go back to work i recon :thumbdown:

Cheers

BM

Hi matey ever tried a top water lure called Jackson T-PIVOT they're dynamite except the rear single barbless

hook gets a lot of misses so i changed it with a OWNER STINGER treble #16size they also walk the dog pretty good.

REGARDS

Rizzo....

Hi matey ever tried a top water lure called Jackson T-PIVOT they're dynamite except the rear single barbless

hook gets a lot of misses so i changed it with a OWNER STINGER treble #16size they also walk the dog pretty good.

REGARDS

Rizzo....

No just checked them out on the web, they certainly look the goods, were can i get one?

Went back this arvo and again the sammy just brained them on a very fast retrieve (for bream) and also smaller trebles #10

but alas the old 'jammed leader knot in guides on the cast trick' and sammy was sacrificed to the lure gods

RIP sweet sammy :074:

No just checked them out on the web, they certainly look the goods, were can i get one?

Went back this arvo and again the sammy just brained them on a very fast retrieve (for bream) and also smaller trebles #10

but alas the old 'jammed leader knot in guides on the cast trick' and sammy was sacrificed to the lure gods

RIP sweet sammy :074:

Where to buy Jacksons T-PIVOT from?

you can buy them from complete angler either city or villawood...

also i just heard that tony from fishfinder bait and tackle has got

the new eco-gear PX surface lure range just arrived i'm gunna try

to get to tonys ASAP and grab us a couple....

Tight lines Raiders...

Edited by rizzo

another top water lure that came in mind is the REBEL POP-R

translucent clear blue and dash of red underneath with the

glittering buck tail on rear treble and ball bearing inside a

must 4 any bream and whiting angler....

another top water lure that came in mind is the REBEL POP-R

translucent clear blue and dash of red underneath with the

glittering buck tail on rear treble and ball bearing inside a

must 4 any bream and whiting angler....

Rizzo...you fished one of these...just picked one up..any tips?

C

Edited by chrisg

Yes i agree a little bit smaller would be perfect for bream

it kills on bass though with their big gob :074:

Not my specialty Bream Mad, but the way big bream hit our big bull mullet jew bait up in Ballina and crush up their big snouts, shut off the breathing works and tear them apart, wouldn't it be better to use a larger Sammy65 ? (Thought that was a member name until I read all of your post) :lol: .

The reason I say this is that larger bream may well hit larger Sammy's a lot harder to crush all the good out of them and well and truly set your trebble hooks, thinking they're made of calcium or an after dinner mint or something. Maybe the little bream might get head butted out of the way, if you go at it and work this Sammy character about the place as though he's some sort of a big time authority in bream territory ay? :D

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer