Broken Bay Fad- Any Action?

Salami

my self and 3 mate's went out last Monday hopeing to get a few marlin. we waited a while until we dropped the lure's in and started to troll, we trolled around one of the FAD'S out there for nothing so we pushed out further and eventually found a few floating log's. we trolled past it and the left rigger got hit, It was a bull Dolphin Fish around the 10kg mark. as we got it to the back of the boat it had another mate with it the same size, damn it no livie's. we lifted it into the boat and as we did unfortunately the hook pulled and that was it for the hole day.

Edited by Scon

Broken bay FAD was great sunday morning. was supposed to get out there with this bloke called Flute, but he pulled out at the last minute quoting "we never do any god out there, i'll give it a miss". He surrenders so easily.

2 of us bagged out on 60cm + dollies (20). We caught at least 8 more. No real big ones, but they were down there. Couldn't get the bait past the smaller ones - live yakkas & frozen slimey. maybe try jigs next time.

they seemed to shut down at about 10am.

water a very blue 23.5- 24.0c

tried trolling skirts back without a touch.

PS. i had an old mark in my GPS (not very old) which was abt 1.4 miles off the current mark. luckily i had printed off the Fisheries list of marks in the morning & I reprogrammed it whilst out there. I noticed in some posts last week that some people couldnt find the FAD - i think it's recently been moved so check the current long/lat on fisheries.

I was also thinking about going to the FAD.

Did you have any success Sunday morning.?

Flute

Broken bay FAD was great sunday morning. was supposed to get out there with this bloke called Flute, but he pulled out at the last minute quoting "we never do any god out there, i'll give it a miss". He surrenders so easily.

2 of us bagged out on 60cm + dollies (20). We caught at least 8 more. No real big ones, but they were down there. Couldn't get the bait past the smaller ones - live yakkas & frozen slimey. maybe try jigs next time.

they seemed to shut down at about 10am.

water a very blue 23.5- 24.0c

tried trolling skirts back without a touch.

PS. i had an old mark in my GPS (not very old) which was abt 1.4 miles off the current mark. luckily i had printed off the Fisheries list of marks in the morning & I reprogrammed it whilst out there. I noticed in some posts last week that some people couldnt find the FAD - i think it's recently been moved so check the current long/lat on fisheries.

Sounds like a great day out!

What boat were you on?

The water really does look great out there..