New Member - Absolute Fishing Nut

Jake

I'm a new member and I would just like to say G'day to everyone.

I've just cottoned on to fishraider as a forum. I use to read the articles but didn't realise the depth of this website - it's bloody fantastic! Definitley beats the other forum websites I've checked out.

So after reading a lot of reports and the like I decided to become a member.

I'm a long time fishing fanatic from the nthn beaches who fishes the harbours, estuaries, beach, freshwater streams, out of kayaks and a newly purchased 3.5m runabout. Basically anywhere for anything.

My main goal this summer is to get a Kingy (no surprise there!). Just started trying but with no luck yet. I think I have to focus more on Sydney Harbour than Pitty.

I've learned a lot from all of you guys/girls so thanks heaps and the reports certainly wet the appatite.

If anyone has more specific info on Kingy spots in Pittwater (wrecks/ markers etc) and Sydney Harbour it would be GREATLY apprecited - Just send me a personal message.

I'm aware people don't want to give too much away but any info would help. I'm trying to nail one by myself before i resort to a charter for help.

Thanks

Jake (Plastic Man)

PS - Sorry for the long winded essay!!

G'day Jake and a big :1welcomeani: to the forums.

Mate, why don't you come along to the Kingy Social on the 24th Feb

and I'm sure plenty of members will steer you onto your first Kingfish.

The socials are a load of fun and not a fishing comp. by any means...more a social gathering

focused around catching the species of each social.

It's also a great place to put faces to names you have probably read in posts

and have a feed and a :beersmile: in a great atmosphere.

Hope to see you there.

Cheers,

Pete.

Plastic Man :1welcomeani: to the site.

I must agree with you about beenin one of the best or beenin the best fishin site for fishing reports, information and jus general chat about fishing!

Im kinda a noob to this site and keen as hell on catchin the kings and have learnt heaps in the last coulpe months from this site.

Jus read it often and you will pick up heaps of info. :biggrin2:

I'm a new member and I would just like to say G'day to everyone.

I've just cottoned on to fishraider as a forum. I use to read the articles but didn't realise the depth of this website - it's bloody fantastic! Definitley beats the other forum websites I've checked out.

So after reading a lot of reports and the like I decided to become a member.

I'm a long time fishing fanatic from the nthn beaches who fishes the harbours, estuaries, beach, freshwater streams, out of kayaks and a newly purchased 3.5m runabout. Basically anywhere for anything.

My main goal this summer is to get a Kingy (no surprise there!). Just started trying but with no luck yet. I think I have to focus more on Sydney Harbour than Pitty.

I've learned a lot from all of you guys/girls so thanks heaps and the reports certainly wet the appatite.

If anyone has more specific info on Kingy spots in Pittwater (wrecks/ markers etc) and Sydney Harbour it would be GREATLY apprecited - Just send me a personal message.

I'm aware people don't want to give too much away but any info would help. I'm trying to nail one by myself before i resort to a charter for help.

Thanks

Jake (Plastic Man)

PS - Sorry for the long winded essay!!

jake when i was a rock hopper we picked up kingys on the north side off barranjouy point,usually after a tailor session about 8.30 am with a high tide slow troll big garrfish on gang hooks with alveys

hope this helps brickman

if you want to get the monkey off your back, sounds like you should head for the harbour plastic man. it sounds like the kingies are getting in the way of the ferries.

pitty is a great challenge. there are definately good fish out there. keep up the effort & you will get one. when you nail one you'll feel all the better for the challenge.

loook into a downrigger, or slow troll a livey with a snapper sinker/ knife jig to keep it down. i reckopn the only other technique is hit scotland island at first light & look for surface action, then if you see it throw everything in the tackle box at them.