King Fishing

fisherboy

i want to start to catch some kingfish and im wondering if gulp squid woud work or any other lure or do i just stick with fresh squid

any other suggestions on how to catch king fish woud be good.

if im going th catch kingfish do i need a overhead reel of would a eggbeater 4000/5000 be enough and how heavy should the line be.

thanks fisherboy :1fishing1:

Mate kingfish are a great and fun fish to catch with really good fighting abilities, With all that said most of the fish in the Harbour and the bay can be caught with 4000 size reels, occasionally the bigger models will smoke you but hey thats part of the fun.

Go through the many threads that have been posted here over the past couple of years, there is so so much info........

Hey Fisherboy,

Beware of the Hoodlum who is capable of stripping 50lb braid off a locked up Stella and rubbing the 80lb leader off in the reef....... they do exist in the Harbour and will always take the lightest rig!!! :biggrin2:

A 4000 with 12lb is very sporting and fantastic fun however, it does pay to up the tackle a bit at times. :1prop:

I use a 4000 with 20lb braid and a 20lb leader for the fun of it. I also have several heavy outfits (no overheads though.. I find them a bit cumbersome). You need to be prepared to lose a few if you fish light!! :mad3:

By the way, there is a typo in your signature.

Tight lines champ...