Little Slinky's Kingie Slayer

slinkymalinky

Just thought I'd give Fishfinder a plug.... I spoke to Tony today and a plan has been formulated for Little Slinky to get a custom Kingie Slayer.

As you can imagine, a request to build a serious sport fishing rod for a 6yo girl isn't common and it presents some unique issues but Tony came up with a couple of great options and we settled on the approach. I'm going down there on Saturday to sort out the final details and part with at least a deposit for what most people tell me is a ridiculous amount of money to spend on a kids rod..... they haven't seen Little Slinky in action!!

Pics will follow once the LKS (little kingie slayer) is built up. Then hopefully some in-action shots soon afterwards.

Cheers, Slinky

It doesnt matter how old the angler is ,quality tackle leads to quality captures with few let downs :biggrin2:

Looking forward to seeing the little miss in action on the kings :thumbup:

Cheers Stewy

You are not alone Slinky. I bought my 1 year old daughter an Ugly Stik Pink (the 3'6" version) and a 2008 FI Stradic 1000 to go on it.. loaded it up with 6lb Fireline, a 12lb fluro trace and she is away. :thumbup:

I must admit, I have used it more than she has. The hand eye co-ordination in a 1 year old doesn't lend itself to flicking plastics. :biggrin2:

Don't be worried about anything else other than getting the right gear for the girl to catch a good sized fighting fish on...once they hit puberty it's all over so now's the time to enjoy with your fishing buddy...mine's gone and grown up now and unlike before where she was super keen to fish...now she rolls over in bed in the mornings and say's she's tired... :(

Don't be worried about anything else other than getting the right gear for the girl to catch a good sized fighting fish on...once they hit puberty it's all over so now's the time to enjoy with your fishing buddy...mine's gone and grown up now and unlike before where she was super keen to fish...now she rolls over in bed in the mornings and say's she's tired... :(

Hey Captain... It doesn't end at puberty. My wife's 42 and she still does the same thing!!

Cheers, Slinky