Advice Needed

parad0x

From the 22nd to the 29th of Feb, I'll be taking a break up at Lake Macquarie. I'm staying around Fishing Point (pretty much directly opposite Swansea).

We wont be taking the boat up this time, so I'm asking for some advice land based. I have only been to Swansea before so the lake is a complete unknown.

I'm not asking for your Spot X (just Spot W and Spot Y. From these coordinates I should be able to track down X :)). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

i HAVENT FISHED THE LAKE OR SWANSEY FOR ALOT OF YEARS BUT I USE TO FISH THE NORTH SIDE OF THE CHANNEL DOWN PAST THE BOAT RAMP THERE IS A GRANNY POOL IF YOU WALK DOWN THE BREAKWALL (THE BRIDGE SIDE) YOU END UP AT THE OPENING OF THE GRANNY POOL ON THE TURN OF THE HIGH TIDE & AT DUSK THIS WAS A GREAT SPOT TO CATCH LARGE BRIM & SOME NICE SNAPPER TO 2KGS i ALWAYS USED MUTTET GUT & SQUID

GOOD LUCK

Hi mate I have a bit of knowledge about the Swansea area. On the old highway just before you cross the the bridge on the Sydney side, you can turn left into the little lane just past the Chinese restaurant.

You can park right where you fish and cast well out towards the pylons. On the opposite side of the bridge there is shallow water dropping down every ten metres or so. In that Section there are flathead nests everywhere and February/March has been prime time in the past.

You will soon tell by the number of week day locals fishing there, how they are running at the moment.

Hope this helps you catch flathead and jew landbased in the Swansea area.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1: