Electric Anchor Winch

Benb

Hi All,

I am looking at installing a anchor winch on my Bertram 25 because i am sick of pulling up the 8m of chain and the heavy anchor that is almost impossible to retrieve by myself once it is set well.

Can anyone recommend a reliable anchor winch with good availability of spare parts ? I am realistic and understand that nothing lasts forever and it will be used often so availability of spares is important to me.

Any comments for or against any winch would be helpful

Thanks

Ben

Hi All,

I am looking at installing a anchor winch on my Bertram 25 because i am sick of pulling up the 8m of chain and the heavy anchor that is almost impossible to retrieve by myself once it is set well.

Can anyone recommend a reliable anchor winch with good availability of spare parts ? I am realistic and understand that nothing lasts forever and it will be used often so availability of spares is important to me.

Any comments for or against any winch would be helpful

Thanks

Ben

G'day Ben ,

Send a PM to Stumpy , he has a Berty also , and has an electric winch on his !

Ross

G'day Ben ,

Send a PM to Stumpy , he has a Berty also , and has an electric winch on his !

Ross

Thanks Ross Stumpy has sent me a PM

Cheers

Ben

Gday mate,

Love your Bertie! (Needs Twins)

PM sent

Cheers,

Stumpy :biggrin2:

Thanks and it does have twins 2 x 165HP 6cyl, love the power and the ride hate the fuel bill :074:

Cheers

Ben

Murray , his twins are bigger than ours !! I will call Huey in the morning to get quotes for 2 x 250 Evilrudes !! That'lll fix him!

Ross

Thanks and it does have twins 2 x 165HP 6cyl, love the power and the ride hate the fuel bill

So how thirsty are the twins on your boat Nailit?

Ross

Chef de Cuisuine on Day Release

Murray , his twins are bigger than ours !! I will call Huey in the morning to get quotes for 2 x 250 Evilrudes !! That'lll fix him!

Ross

So how thirsty are the twins on your boat Nailit?

Ross

Chef de Cuisuine on Day Release

:Funny-Post: i just spoke to Stumpy and he was spewing when he found out :biggrin2:

Ross that is a good question, the donks have just been rebuilt with about 50 hours on them now and the fuel consumption is getting better.

A typical trip to the harbour from Half Moon Bay (Iron Cove Bridge) and back will use between 50L to 70L at 20knts cruse and depending on how much you move around once you reach the fishing grounds etc.

From the stats that i have read i think it uses about 40L/Hour @ 20Knts but i am running 4 bladers at the moment and i dont think they are very good, a bit like a washing machine :biggrin2:

Cheers

Ben

Edited by Nailit

:Funny-Post: i just spoke to Stumpy and he was spewing when he found out :biggrin2:

From the stats that i have read i think it uses about 40L/Hour @ 20Knts but i am running 4 bladers at the moment and i dont think they are very good, a bit like a washing machine :biggrin2:

Cheers

Ben

Dont worry Ross,

I was just being nice to him.......................Sounds like a reel poofta boat to me !!! :biggrin2::1yikes:

hehehehe

Stumpy