Prop Baits For Bream And Bass

Bream Mad

Hi Raiders,

I have a Heddon Torpedoe but never had much luck on it even on bass compared to say a popper or walker.

Just got a bevy prop 55 off ebay and interested to see if any raiders use these style of topwater lure with any success?

Retreive tips would be good as well

BM

Yep, I've caught bass on Heddon Torpedoes and bream on Bevy Props (although both lures will work on both species). Work similar to a regular popper - little bursts to get the fizzer to spit a bit of water out the back, and long pauses. You can also walk the Bevy Props for a steady retrieve when the fish are fired up.

Good Luck!

• 2 months later...

Hi Raiders,

I have a Heddon Torpedoe but never had much luck on it even on bass compared to say a popper or walker.

Just got a bevy prop 55 off ebay and interested to see if any raiders use these style of topwater lure with any success?

Retreive tips would be good as well

BM

Hi there matey i've caught my PB 51cms bass on a fizzer lure called a FAT BANGER by TAYLOR MADE

well tuned and highly recommended also aussie made too beats some of other dearer lures out there

they around $15 bucks black with the silver or gold pattern is the ticket. :biggrin2:

Cheers

Rizzo...

Edited by rizzo