Monday King

brickman

went out at 3.30am to watsons picked up 12 yakka's.started to downrigg at old mans hat in 20m went to blue fish point,plenty off bait balls but no arcs ,skipped over to south head,again down rigged to roser gully and back no arcs.by this time old mate[neil] start's to go green so back to old mans hat to drop a pick.this is were it gets interesting,started to berly heavely,had 2 liveys out the back and 2 bream rods one on each side,we start to get little pinkys on the light rods ten or so later i saw a small king follow it up.had neil hold the pinky at the side.through out a yakka and it was'nt interested, but it kept following the pinky,i could have netted this rat but what would be the point,being a rat,anyway we let the pinky go the rat followed.next bait down[prawn on 6lb fire wire]hits the deck and bang big pull no run and did'nt want to leave the bottom, i called it a samson well after 3 mins still won't leave the deck every time i get 4 feet i loose 3' 11.5 inches,after 8 mins[neils keeping time]i know who is dictating terms and it's not me.after 15 mins we netted my first king out off a boat it went 75 cm and was the best fight ,second only to a jew many years ago off the rocks,we hooked 2 more rats at the back off the boat on prawn pieces on 6lb and had some fun but did'nt land them. left when the wind blew up, over to south head down rigged all the way to hms sydney zip.what i find interesting is we live baited all morning for zip,but berly up start at the small end off the food chain and bigger things follow just like off the rocks in the old days.

brickman

will post pic soon

........what i find interesting is we live baited all morning for zip,but berly up start at the small end off the food chain and bigger things follow just like off the rocks in the old days.

brickman

Well said Brickman. I like what you say about the good old days where "you berley up and start at the smaller end of the food chain and bigger things will follow", and even tomorrow it will remain a fact, the pecking order will change. It's a real Chess game out there. If you assemble the pawns, the Bishops, the Knights, the Rooks and the Kings will move in.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1: