Furuno 4100

fishingmik

GDAY RAIDERS

Im thinking of buying a furuno Ls 4100

Just want to no if any one has got one of these sounders and what they think of them i want something to read the bottom in about 200m. the last sounder i had always seemed to go nuts when water depth was more than 100mtrs . will this do the job or is there a better one i can get my budget is about 600 dollars

thanks mik

Edited by fishingmik

GDAY RAIDERS

Im thinking of buying a furuno Ls 4100

Just want to no if any one has got one of these sounders and what they think of them i want something to read the bottom in about 200m. the last sounder i had always seemed to go nuts when water depth was more than 100mtrs . will this do the job or is there a better one i can get my budget is about 600 dollars

thanks mik

Mik

I have one and its Ok...very solidly made and good useability. That said if your looking for 200m I reckon you need a 500w or 600w transducer minimum. Look at the Raymarine dx500 and the Furuno 620. I'd go the Furuno but you would have to import to get in your budget. If its a hard budget then the 4100 is probably the best out there.

Chris

Mik

I have one and its Ok...very solidly made and good useability. That said if your looking for 200m I reckon you need a 500w or 600w transducer minimum. Look at the Raymarine dx500 and the Furuno 620. I'd go the Furuno but you would have to import to get in your budget. If its a hard budget then the 4100 is probably the best out there.

Chris

The 4100 & 620 use the same transducer! Is it the 4100 doesnt output full power?

The 4100 & 620 use the same transducer! Is it the 4100 doesnt output full power?

Spot on Jimmy.....Ls4100 is 300w...620 is 600w on the same transducer. The head unit is what actually puts out the power...the transducer has to be up to taking it. That said I had heard that the 620 although sold as 600w is actually 300w per 50hz and 200hz channels....don't know if this true however.

Chris