Marine Cd Player

jason baker

G'day,

I am looking to buy a cd player for my seafarer 5.5. Was wondering if anyone had any recommendations.

Don't need anything to flash, but something decent to keep me company when fish aren't, and may a little something for the ladies... Probably want a detachable face to slightly deter the thieves, and some sort of ipod jiggy as it seems that's what all the kids are using these days. Thats about it really, don't need anything thats going to rattle the fillings out.

Where is the best place to mount the speakers? How complicated is instillation?

Probably want to spend about three or four hundred bucks all up but obviously want to make that go as far as i can.

Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Jas.

Probably want a detachable face to slightly deter the thieves,

NO NO NO NO!!!! :mad3::mad3:

OK, maybe it's just me...... :)

I am into my thrird detachable face. They are not designed to cope with the punishment of a pounding boat. The face is held in by two little plastic clips about 2mm across. These clips just shear off randomly, in the GME models any way....

I have 3 GME radios on board and they all have issues and will get swapped out over time. They also only have a 3 month warranty, which is rediculous on a boat in my opinion. How many hours does an average boat get used in 3 months? :gun_bandana:

Also be aware that the warranty policy of a major "Marine and leisure store" is to send warranty claims back to the manufacturer for approval before replacing obviously faulty goods. :08:

I hope you have better luck than I did with radios, and if you find a good CD player let me know :)

Robbie.

Hi, we sell GME and have for many years and I can not think of the last warranty claim we had on a CD player. I have never seen the problem you mention-that is not to say you have not had these problems, just that we have not seen it. As for the warranty you get 12 months and I guess the "store" you brought it from Robbie is not the best place to buy it from.

I would fit a GR9020 or GR9040 depending on how you want to mount B4 most other brands and eiither run flush mount or bracket mount speakers again depending on where you want to fit it. The installation is not that hard and a home handyman should find no problems in doing it himself.

Just my thoughts,

Huey.

Ive brought a sony marine unit with matching speakers few yrs ago. Ive only had issue with the head unit had to get it sent back to sony twice and right now still having some problems with preset button tho it still reads the cd fine. Goin to send it back again to fix the problem in winter as i wont be usin the boat much then...The speakers sound great tho as ive tired gme and axis also but the sony sounds much better then those 2.

Edited by Little Hooker

C.A.E is a sterio shop that i got mine from they have a big selection of different brands

theres one in

stmarys

blacktown

and penrith

or u can send vella a pm as he works at stmarys branch

cheers

miller

Edited by miller

Not many places carry marine audio. I found only the cheap GME stuff in boating places and only 1 or 2 head units in car audio stores.

I ended up just ordering the Clarion with Ipod interface. Mainly because it's MP3, so no skipping and also no disc changing. Make ya playlists up on the Ipod and you can have a full day of your fav vibs and not hear the same song twice.

Now I just need more amps and speakers so I can hear it while doing 75mph down the harbour :074: