Cobia In Hawkesbury

cooper

My mate went for a fish yesterday up Smiths Creek (an arm of the Hawkesbury) and caught heaps of small snapper and bream to throw back. Anyhow, he decided to troll a shallow diving bibbed minow for tailor slowly back to Apple Tree Bay in the middle of the day. He was out in deep water in the middle of Smiths Creek when he got a good hit and pulled in a 7kg fish he had never seen.

He kept the head and tail to show me to ask what it was. I was more than a little surprised to see he had caught a Cobia.

I have fished this system for years and never caught or heard of people catching cobia there- especially in the middle of the day with all that boat traffic around on the surface.

Anyone else caught any in the Hawkesbury?

What a coincidence berely boy :1prop:

I fished there a few weeks ago, topwatering for humble bream and had just hooked a nice little 30+cm specimen and was in the process of bringing the fish in when I looked down right below the boat, to see a friggin huge cobia investigating, wondering what all the bruhaha was about! Geez I so wish the cobia wolfed my bream down....that would've been a fight to remember :1yikes: