Twinpower 1000 Pgs Or Luvias 1003

Bream Mad

Hi Raiders

I having been looking at getting a better spinning reel and the two main ones on the radar are the new Daiwa Luvias 1003 and the Shimano Twinpower 1000PGS (JDM). Shimano is about $40 bucks cheaper that the Daiwa and 25gram heavier (both are under 200 grams :biggrin2: )

I think generally both are excellent reels but having never used either would like you opinion on which is better value. i am particually concerned about smoothness, casting and drag performance and durability.

i find that my daiwa laguna seems to let water in very easily and effects performance.

Cheers

BM

Hi Raiders

I having been looking at getting a better spinning reel and the two main ones on the radar are the new Daiwa Luvias 1003 and the Shimano Twinpower 1000PGS (JDM). Shimano is about $40 bucks cheaper that the Daiwa and 25gram heavier (both are under 200 grams :biggrin2: )

I think generally both are excellent reels but having never used either would like you opinion on which is better value. i am particually concerned about smoothness, casting and drag performance and durability.

i find that my daiwa laguna seems to let water in very easily and effects performance.

Cheers

BM

G day mate

i would have a look at the Shimano sustain 1000, they have just been up graded with all the 2008 new extras, the twin power form memory was not upgraded, i own a sustain 4000 and 8000 and they are very smooth and reliable, the sustain is not much more than the twin power but you are getting all of the 2008 extras with the new design.

Mark

G day mate

i would have a look at the Shimano sustain 1000, they have just been up graded with all the 2008 new extras, the twin power form memory was not upgraded, i own a sustain 4000 and 8000 and they are very smooth and reliable, the sustain is not much more than the twin power but you are getting all of the 2008 extras with the new design.

Mark

the twin power has been upgraded in japan already and is available over the web

do you have the new sustains or old ones?

I have the Luvias 1003 and it's an extremely light little reel and very compact. A very good ultra-light reel which perfectly holds 100m of 3 lb mono or fluoro (I use Sunline fluoro straight through on mine). However, I have to say it's not the most silent reel I have ever used.

Apologies, I know it's not the Twin Power, but I also bought the new Stella 1000FD and it is a little beauty. It is noticeably heavier than the Luvias (but still very light), yet feels rock solid, is much smoother than the Luvias and completely silent. Really no comparison in feel, to be honest, but what would you expect at twice the price?

The new Jap Twin Power looks good too.

Ceph,

Reading a fishing mag this morning & noticed something that would be perfect for you. Okuma have just released a range of kayak rods.... maybe not what you'd normally consider except THEY FLOAT.... and the write up said even with a heavy reel they will stay afloat.. The perfect thing for sinking Stella's

Paul

Ceph,

Reading a fishing mag this morning & noticed something that would be perfect for you. Okuma have just released a range of kayak rods.... maybe not what you'd normally consider except THEY FLOAT.... and the write up said even with a heavy reel they will stay afloat.. The perfect thing for sinking Stella's

Paul

Where where where do I get one from???

I am sick of losing rods.... :1prop: