Hard Bodies

Davemmm

After using (and losing) a hell of a lot of small light lures over the years I have recently been catching a few on lures that are a bit bigger and heavier.

Buckets full of ecogear,smiths etc have been aimed at structure only to fall short and dragged back to the boat untouched. Even using one of Tony's gun outfits i have to sneek in close. This has obviously become easier since the purchase of a Jarvis electric from the toy dept.

I always had a full range of heavier lures but for some reason i have only ever got divers. I've now gone up in size with stick baits and poppers and I feel that I am covering a lot more territory, and have the lure in the water longer, whilst drifting over flats.

In particular the bream seem to like a nice clearish Owner that I ahve bought that is about twice the weight of a SX40.

The question is - Is this just because i am using these lures more regularly or is it a distinct advantage to have the lure start its run further away from th boat.

Dave

p.s. dont panic I still use a hell of a lot of fresh bait too. (unlike Mallacootaplasticpete) :1prop: