Lb Kingy - 1st In A While

bbenny

Went out to a new spot today in the harbour after having a few quiet sessions the last couple of weeks.

I decided to stick to a plan and it all worked out!

Burleyed up some cubed pillies and bread which brought in loads of little yakkas. Got a few very quickly and decided to send one out live with the heavier gear in the hope for a kingy. Meanwhile i flicked out some SP's in the hope to hook up one of the patroling frigates... couldnt get them to hit anything, but was good to see them there!

Just as the peak of high tide came and sun appeared from behind the clouds, my livey decided to go on a little run. I let it run for a few seconds before clicking into gear and striking! Bugger this was dead weight... I thought a ray or flatty for sure... i start winding it up when all of a sudden it goes ballistic! wooohooo I kept the drag pretty light, as i find the harder i pull the more likely they cut me off on the rocks.

But after a few good runs I landed this little Kingy! Would have been around the 65cm mark but i chucked him back to live another day after a quick snap!

Cant wait to get back out there!

Ben.

I put my foot in to guage size, im a US 12...

Kingfish20feb08.jpg

it was easy as that hay!!!!

should be out more offen

haha it was that easy this time... but there were about 6 other kingfishless sessions before it! :) Busting to get out again.

Spanker - I always position the hook through the back of the neck. I find they swim better as i usually have the yakka out weightless and floatless. But this time I sank it down with the yakka about 1.5m above the sinker.

Ben.

Well done ! good read on the lb king !

Were you using a paternoster rig ? Don't need to share this info if you do not want to.

Not sure exactly how the peternosta works... but it was pretty simple.

just had a swivel and tied the sinker with 1.5m of trace to the bottom loop and the trace to hook on the same top loop as the mainline... hope that made sense

ill try draw it in text:

main line

l

l

l

l

l Swivel

8------------------------J hook

l

l

l

l