Great Week Breamin.

On our journy to melbourne me and my uncle decided to check out a few spotz along the south coast. We targeted bream, but there was alot of by catch and it wasn't 'till the last day that we managed to get on to a few bream. The by catches included things like; Good size reddies, fun trevally, pike yellow tail, E.P's, flounder, flatties (too many)...and more.

We stoped off at Narooma, Mallacoota, the Tambo river and the Yarra.

Narroma was a great spot that we stopped off at for just an arvo session and caught alot of fish but not many bream, and the water was unbelievably clear.

Mallacoota was a great place and i would reccomend it to any bream fisho, we fished an arvo and a morning and the place produced a fair few fish that included some sizeable black bream, that is to say, if you could keep the flatties off your lure... :biggrin2:

However i should point out that even though the fish in general were larger, pound to pound as compared to our yellow fin they didn't seem as aggressive both with attacking lures and the fight.

Unfortunately we were disapointed with the weather we encountered at the tambo and the same can be said about the fishing, perhaps they were not mutually exclussive. We batttled to get them to hit our lures and when we did get hits they just wouldn't play ball.

And just how Chris Wright caught those fish in the Yarra god only knows, we got a couple of decent fish but i suppose when you consider that Tim had such a hard time down there then you realise just how valuable local knowledge is... :thumbup:

Doesnt look like the piccies want to work for you mate. Send them to me at jocool1968 at hotmail and I will put them up for you. :thumbup:

They are some real thumper bream and not a bad way to break up a trip south.

What you achieved in an after noon was some magic fish, you must be one of the gifted ones. I would be happy if I could get that result every fourth outing.

Any size to the flathead that you had trouble keeping off your line?

Great report