Outboard Throttle Cable Help

djmac

Hi Guys,

finally gave the motor i bought 6 months ago for my project boat a kick over and a run.

went a treat but i found that i did not get throttle cables with it.

its a johnson 50hp 2003 model

im just trying to work out what cables i need for it.

has anyone had experience with installing new cables.

there are some at bla here that i think will do the job but do i need to get

http://www.bla.com.au/index.php?fn=product...3d390180a8c9dc2

and do i need this connection kit also?

http://www.bla.com.au/index.php?fn=product...3d390180a8c9dc2

and do i need 2 of the cables as one being throttle on being gearing forward neutral etc etc

any help is good help!

Cheers,

Col

Col

You'll need two of the cables which should fit the Johno straight up. The connection kit looks to be for different cables so you shouldn't need that. Remember to a bit more to the length for motor movement. Connection is usually straight forward but the adjustment can be a pain.

Huey at Hewitt Marine could be your man here.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Col, do not use those aftermarket ones, they give us more trouble than they are worth. Depending on the length you need the BRP control cables will cost you about $50 each. You will not need any kit to fit your Johno, they will go straight on. Measure from the wheel to the side of the boat, from the dash to the transom and then from the rear side of the boat to the centre of the transom and add about 2 foot and that is the length of cables you will need.

We keep most lengths in stock,

Cheers,

Huey.

Huey,

Thanks for that mate. that is very helpful

just to confirm i am measuring the right distance heres a photo attached of where the throttle is mounted.

will come in and see you after i get the right length!

post-268-1203894944_thumb.jpg

Thanks again,

Col

Hi Col, sorry mate I had a brain failure this morning and was mentioning the steering cable dimensions. What you do is measure from your control box back to the rear, then across the stern of the boat to the centre line than add approx 2 foot. Looking at the boat and where the control box is I would be guessing 12 foot cables should be OK.

Cheers,

Huey.