Tangled Trebles

Jamiel1000

Hi Raiders

is the best way to stop trebles from getting tangled on each other on my small lures to down size them.

it is so frustrating having to untangle them after every couple of retieves of missing a good cast due to the front and rear tebles caught up on themselves.

mainly on my sx 48 and ck 40 and the new px I also get this on a lot of my bass poppers.

maybe it's just me? :(

any advise would be great

Edited by Yes Dear

You can downsize the trebles, not only in usual size (10, 12 etc) but you can also downsize the style. By that mean you can essentially keep the same size treble but find one thats has smaller gape. This is a bit tough though, finding a smaller gape. Easy to upsize the gape but downsizing is hard.

What you can do that works is only downsize one treble, normally the front one. That way you keep the rear treble the same size as it's the one that usually pins the fish. The drawback with this is you can potentially unbalance small minnows.

Hope that helps a bit

Windy

You can downsize the trebles, not only in usual size (10, 12 etc) but you can also downsize the style. By that mean you can essentially keep the same size treble but find one thats has smaller gape. This is a bit tough though, finding a smaller gape. Easy to upsize the gape but downsizing is hard.

What you can do that works is only downsize one treble, normally the front one. That way you keep the rear treble the same size as it's the one that usually pins the fish. The drawback with this is you can potentially unbalance small minnows.

Hope that helps a bit

Windy

Thanks Matt that makes a lot of sense.

I will look into this.

It was nice to meet you the other day and have a chat.

Next time you are heading down there PM me and I will try to meet up.

I'm heading down there after work today.

cheers

Good to meet you to Yes Dear :thumbup: How did you go this arvo? I hit it yesterday arvo for a couple of decent Bream but it was pretty quiet.

Will probably have another go a bit later in the week when the tide is a bit lower, will let you know :thumbup:

Cheers

Windy