How Long Does It Take You

Martin

Just read Iain's checklist and some raiders comments, which made me, think just how long it takes to get ready and prep the boat before leaving home for a fish. Then how long I spend cleaning up once home.

Before leaving, 2 hours average

Buying some bait, ice, fuel, drink and food.

Selecting what fishing outfits to take.

Rigging up the rods

Loading food esky, fish esky, bait esky, tackle box, extra tackle box, sports bag and 8 rods with reels into the boat

Clean up/wash down 1 hour 30 minutes at least

Hose boat down and trailer

Flush motor and disconnect fuel tank line

Strip out boat including side pockets/ropes, net, gaff, sinker box etc

Wash external and internal of boat with car wash detergent

Hose down

Wipe off windscreen, radio, GPS, seat/bunk cushions and sounder

Wash off rods and esky's

Put back what I had stored in side pockets

Put rods, esky’s, tackle boxes away

Put boat back in garage.

Finally with some luck clean fish. (add another 3 or 4 seconds)

Is this over the top?

How long do you spend?

Hi Martin,

Mate to get ready to fish takes me about 30mins,

and when i get home about 45mins cleanup/wash down.

Mind you i fish with plastics so i dont need to find bait and i very rearly eat on the boat.Take water and thats it. :1fishing1:

Half the fun is in getting ready! Then comes the sleepless night with anticipation!

I dont get out that often,so when I do It's full on!

I check and retie my knots,change leader weight if needed, adjust the drags, sharpen my knives. Then comes the boat! It can take a few hours!

When I come home, only about 1/2 an hour!

It's all good fun!

Howard.

Half the fun is in getting ready! Then comes the sleepless night with anticipation!

26802[/snapback]

Geez ...And I thought I was the unly one have sleep problems the night before!!! :risata:

For me its the same as most guys...Couple of hours to get ready, going over tackle after it has been selected. Making sure the tackle box is not wanting, and re-tying suspect knots/leaders.

On wash-up.....It tends to take me a lot longer. I do the usual motor flush and trailer wash, paying particular attention to the rollers and brakes. Then the tackle can be time consuming. I pull it all down, wash each individual item with car wash as it has anti-oxidation agents, dry it, then spray with Inox. ALL tackle gets sprayed with Inox.

Any terminal tackle to be re-used such as sinkers, lures and swivels, is washed and rinsed and left to dry. When all is dry it is packed in the dedicated cabinet Ihad made for my fishing paraphanalia! :thumbup:

If by chance I have caught any fish... :risata::risata: ...I start on them as I am running the motor for flushing.

Howard,

Agree with you 100% there! Preparation is a part of the experience!

It's hard to get to sleep when thinking about fishing the next day!!!

26803[/snapback]

Its good to know that others suffer from pre fishing trip excitement syndrome (PFTES).

Getting ready - I rig a couple rods.  Tell the missus what meals to make me and where to pack the drink.  She already knows where to stow all the gear.  And she siphons all the new petrol in for me.

Finishing up - yeh - she washes the boat and cleans all the fish while I have a nap.  If the drive was dusty I get her to wash the car as well.  Sometimes I will make the effort to walk out in the sun & check she has done a good job but usually I trust her.

Maybe I should take her with me for a fish sometime ???  Nah.

26821[/snapback]

I was expecting that sort of response from Jocool, are you sure you're not lebanese Pedro. :risata::risata::risata:

Guest bluecod
She is in the next room at the moment - I have my finger on the power button in case she walks in 

26847[/snapback]

I think we are all lucky that text is silent - heaven forbid if this was an audio chat board :hitsfan::ranting2::ranting2: