Land Based, Auckland Nz?

bastik

Hi Bastik

You used to be able to toss a line in at the ferry terminal not far from the Bus/Railway Station there in 'downtown Auckland'. Head East! Just keep an eye out for 'no fishing' signs ....... or park yourself alongside someone else who is fishing!!

Terrific Maritime museum to check out there too - also the local markets on most weekends.

Good luck!

Roberta

Here is a map of Downtown Auckland - Queen Street virtually takes you down to Quay St - lots of wharves & water down there!!

http://www.nzmaps.co.nz/viewmap.php3?Map=bm20

Edited by Roberta

Hi Bastik, A little bit of a walk but anywhere down near the marina, I was there for a year with work not long ago, never fished there myself but I used to see plenty fishing there and there was always the tell tale fish scales on the sidewalk, would probably be at least a half hour walk depending on where your hotel is, from what I heard they catch decent reddies in the harbour.

Thanks all for your replies.

Well im here and i ventured to a place called davenport yesterday, which is across the harbour from CBD.

I stumbled on it after going to to wakXXXX island. (forget what its called, sorry)

Saturday there was a handful of fishos on the jetty so I thought to myself comeback on sunday.

I picked the day!!!

I was blesses with 100 little yakkas (kids) all participating in an under 12's fishing comp on the jetty.

Kids everywhere!!!!

Didnt throw a line in as it was more like knitting comp rather than fishing as the kids where getting tangled left right and centre.

I ended up helping out a few distressed parents, and overall was great fun. Was really good to see so many happy kids, and a couple of grumpy ones.

Well organised event with tickets given out for each catch regardless of legal or not and then those tickets where used by the kids to bid on different prizes. Fish where thrown back in.

Cost guard, Life guard and sponsors all on hand to help out.

Sometimes there is better things than fishing. Watching the kids have a go!!!

Anyway back to work

cheers

b

Hey Bastik

That'll be Devonport (just over the bridge on the north shore) and Waikheke Island out in the Hauraki Gulf!! Waiheke is an amazing spot. I have seen pelagics chasing baitfish into the shallows - they were beaching themselves in an effort to escape!!! I wasn't into fishing when I was there, but couldn't help but notice them!

Hope they send you for another weekend - ask them to make it even longer ..... then I can give you some 'day trips' depending on what you want ... fish, fish, or more fish!

Sounds like you enjoyed yourself & I bet the kids enjoyed your input as well! Well done. The smiles on their dials would have been worth it.

ROberta

bastik,

I'm in Welly right now but was in auckland and theres some thumper luderick near all the ship chandlers as you head round to the viaduct hanging aroud the marinas they als o get some big ones by the Westport Marina and under the harbour bridge if you can get some weed or cabbage if nottry bread or mussels just watch out for all the spotties you'll catch thoug hidf you use bread or flesh!

:1naughty:

Thanks all for your replies.

Well im here and i ventured to a place called davenport yesterday, which is across the harbour from CBD.

I stumbled on it after going to to wakXXXX island. (forget what its called, sorry)

Saturday there was a handful of fishos on the jetty so I thought to myself comeback on sunday.

I picked the day!!!

I was blesses with 100 little yakkas (kids) all participating in an under 12's fishing comp on the jetty.

Kids everywhere!!!!

Didnt throw a line in as it was more like knitting comp rather than fishing as the kids where getting tangled left right and centre.

I ended up helping out a few distressed parents, and overall was great fun. Was really good to see so many happy kids, and a couple of grumpy ones.

Well organised event with tickets given out for each catch regardless of legal or not and then those tickets where used by the kids to bid on different prizes. Fish where thrown back in.

Cost guard, Life guard and sponsors all on hand to help out.

Sometimes there is better things than fishing. Watching the kids have a go!!!

Anyway back to work

cheers

b

sounds like a good event. maybe we could do something similar for mini raiders!!! :fisher::1naughty:

happy to help organise!!!!!

Edited by CaineS

bastik,

I'm in Welly right now but was in auckland and theres some thumper luderick near all the ship chandlers as you head round to the viaduct hanging aroud the marinas they als o get some big ones by the Westport Marina and under the harbour bridge if you can get some weed or cabbage if nottry bread or mussels just watch out for all the spotties you'll catch thoug hidf you use bread or flesh!

Yes i saw them when i was on the ferry waiting for it to depart. I was looking down in between the pylons and they where breaking the surface feeding off the pylons. Could of reached in and grabbed one almost.

Okay enough Bastik :beersmile::beersmile: This is driving me to drink the water out of the waikato :beersmile:

I have not had enoug hblackie action 2 goes for as many fish in nearly 5 mopnths i think my centrepins have cobwebs now! :05:

Well at least they are there for me when i get up there in the spring!

miss the old niggering with the long wand!

and you have me green wit henvy you better go catch one for me and if you hit Welly i'll take you out for a session on the brownies on the lower hutt!

Cheers

royce (i aint got my blackie fix properly) :1wallbash: