Carp Help Please

arron

Working at Rouse hill some where tomorrow on some pedestrian bridge.... My boss was kind enough to tell me to pack a rod as there's plenty of Carp so i am......As i've never fished for them before i have no idea on rigs and bait,sp's etc.....just some brief advice on rigs and bait would be appreciated???

thanks heaps Arron :1fishing1:

Working at Rouse hill some where tomorrow on some pedestrian bridge.... My boss was kind enough to tell me to pack a rod as there's plenty of Carp so i am......As i've never fished for them before i have no idea on rigs and bait,sp's etc.....just some brief advice on rigs and bait would be appreciated???

Do a search on Carp Fishing Aaron..there's heaps in there.

Here's ONE good one with the basics.

Cheers and gl on the carping session.

Pete.

The best fun with carp is to get some bread around to get them on the surface and target them on either unweighed bread baits or bread flies.

If you want to get them on plastics you can't go past a 2 inch pumpkin seed gulp grub on a very light jighead 1/32 ounce. The retrieve let it sink to the bottom lift it 30 cms or so and let it drop wait for around for a count of 15 and repeat it over and over again.

Watch for any movement in the line and strike quickly as they are finniky buggers and will drop your plastics very quickly the moment they suspect any thing is wrong

The local kids use bread to attrack them and load a hook up with sweet corn out of a tin and have a feild day.

There isn't many saturdays where we walk accross the weir and see a hand full of carp upto 1 metre laying in the sun.

They guy's have a single hook they can fit 3 or 4 kernells on and just flick it out a few metres.

Cheers

Roffo